Inline skates have, without a doubt, come a long way since they were first discovered by a Belgian inventor named John Merlin. In those days, these sporting gear were merely a couple of wheels attached to skates. Unfortunately, this inventor forgot to incorporate brakes into the skates, causing him to crash into a mirror. Fast-forward to 2017 and Merlin’s invention- presently referred to as inline skates- are packed with essential features that include ball bearings, shock-absorbing wheels, and brakes.
Are you looking to purchase or replace your inline skates? We have created a comprehensive review of the top 10 best inline skates.
- 10. URUOI Unisex Kids Inline Roller Skates
- 9. Tron S20 Roller Hockey Skates
- 8. Tour Hockey FB-225 Senior Inline Hockey Skates
- 7. Bauer Senior Vapor X300R Roller Hockey Skate
- 6. 5th Element Panther XT Inline Skates
- 5. Tour Hockey BoneLite 500 Inline Hockey Skate
- 4. Bladerunner PRO 80 2016 Inline Skates
- 3. K2 Skate Men’s Kinetic 78 Inline Skates
- 2. Roller Derby AERIO Q-60 Men’s Inline Skates
- 1. Rollerblade Men’s Zetrablade 80 Skate
10. URUOI Unisex Kids Inline Roller Skates
Choosing an appropriate activity for your young one can be challenging. Thanks to the significant amount of energy that they have, kids can delve into new activities more quickly than adults do. If you are considering taking your child for some inline skating lessons, the Uruoi unisex pair is the best choice.
These skates are easily adjustable and come in small, medium and large sizes. A fascinating feature of the skates entails the wheels, which glitter once they are revolved around. The wheels can be detached, and a stout brake has been fitted at the back side.
- Available in a variety of sizes and colors
- Wheels glitter as you skate
- Stable and durable
- Some sizes do not fit correctly
9. Tron S20 Roller Hockey Skates
Tron S20 is the best all-round inline skates. They have an impressive stability making them an excellent choice for beginners and intermediates alike. The S20 inline skates are equipped with specially-molded ankle supports, which come in handy for first-time skaters. Also, you will find a vented side vamping that enhances durability while keeping it cool. The frame is constructed using aluminum, making the skates extremely lightweight.
- Not durable
8. Tour Hockey FB-225 Senior Inline Hockey Skates
Tour’s most recent inline skates deliver power, speed and ultimate consistency for the best skating experience. These skates feature a durable Track Tri Coil System chassis. The senior line skates can be used for either indoor or outdoor activity. They are also fitted with Tour’s unique speed formula series wheels that enhance their performance while keeping you stable. As for the liner, deluxe comfortable padding has been incorporated to maximize comfort for the skater. You will also be pleased by ankle support system, which is reinforced to allow stability when making turns. This support system also helps to keep ankle sprains at bay.
- Boots are reinforced with composite
- Quick-dry liner for a comfortable experience
- Reinforced ankle support
- Low-quality wheels
7. Bauer Senior Vapor X300R Roller Hockey Skate
These inline skates are the entry-level model by Bauer. In addition to being reasonably priced, these skates offer an array of features. Firstly, the X300R feature a Tech nylon quarter package which constitutes closed cell ankle pads and an anatomical tongue construction. This padding boosts stability and comfort.
Secondly, the inline skates are thermo-adjustable, implying that they mold to a skater’s feet whenever they heat up. Bauer’s Senior skates have also been fitted with Hi-Lo Vanguard Ventilator frame, offering maximum durability.
- Ankle padding for optimal comfort
- Hi-Lo Vanguard ventilator frame
- Difficult to use for the first few days
6. 5th Element Panther XT Inline Skates
The 5th Element skates are suitable for both men and women. They have a soft boot and an aluminum frame that makes them durable. These skates are also made using the conventional shoe sizes. What’s more, they have laces and a Velcro strap, which you buckle for optimal security and support.
Panther XT skates are available in either black or grey. The boots are fabricated using composite plastic, which is not only durable but also stylish. These skates are also a good fit for beginner and intermediate skaters.
- Unique strap for stability and security
- Slightly heavy
5. Tour Hockey BoneLite 500 Inline Hockey Skate
We recommend the Tour BonLite inline skates for persons looking for a perfect set of wheels. Aside from the high-performance wheels, these skates also feature DPS technology that reduces the individual’s center of gravity; hence, providing agility. BoneLite inline skates come in black or white colors. With regards to the frame, the skates are fitted with a Labeda Shadow aluminum chassis that promises stability and durability. Thanks to the quick-dry liner, you will not have to worry about getting blisters from sweaty feet.
- Added comfort elements
- Extremely durable
- Quick-dry liner
- Available in a range of colors
- Ideal for any skating level
- Slightly difficult to lac
4. Bladerunner PRO 80 2016 Inline Skates
The Bladerunner are some of the most feature-packed inline skates on the market. In fact, these skates have been endorsed by the number one inline skating brand-Rollerblade. Bladerunner is a type of recreational skates, which means you can skate with them indoors and outdoors. The Pro 80 has been made using a long-lasting composite frame that is also light enough to minimize the fatigue that comes with extensive hours of skating. These skates feature 78A wheel setup as well as ABEC 5 bearings.
- Fitted with ABEC-5 durable bearings
- Boot made of lightweight and breathable material
- Closure provides foot support
- Low-quality blades
3. K2 Skate Men’s Kinetic 78 Inline Skates
The brand new K2 Kinetic are the ideal entry-level inline skates and make the perfect fit for both men and women. Primarily, these skates are designed for recreational uses. For instance, these skates are perfect for skating around a park. K2 Kinetic skates feature a composite plastic frame that sits low on the surface in a bid to help you balance.
The inline skates are fitted with Abec 5 bearings and 78mm wheels, both of which enable skaters to have a smooth and controlled ride. Additionally, these skates feature a soft boot technology, providing maximum comfort. The skates are also equipped with stability cuffs that will offer you ample steadiness.
- Fitted with stability cuffs
- Have Abec 5 bearings
- Have composite plastic frame
2. Roller Derby AERIO Q-60 Men’s Inline Skates
The Aerio inline skates are made with a particular target in mind, that is, skaters looking to advance from one level to another. These inline skates have many benefits. Firstly, they have laces, providing sufficient support for your feet. But, having laces means that you have to keep trying them when they become loose. Consequently, they come with a locking buckle, which offers additional support and security. Also, these inline skates have Bevo Abec 7 bearings, which have enough lubrication to withstand heat buildup.
- Comfort memory padding that can be adjusted
- Aluminum-made frame
- Stylish design enhanced by the black, gold trim
- Ankle straps are difficult to locks
1. Rollerblade Men’s Zetrablade 80 Skate
The Rollerblade skates are a classy and affordable brand. Specially designed for novice skaters, the Zetrablade skates are equipped with 80mm-diameter wheels, quality cuffs, and SG 5 bearings. These inline skates also feature Monocoque composite frames that are made using plastic as well as a bit of torque, which tends to reduce energy efficiency.
- Perfect learning skates
- Not high-quality