People suffer from a broad range of conditions, some of which, are brought about by poor sleeping patterns. Examples of these illnesses include sleep apnea, insomnia, sleep deprivation and restless legs syndrome. Unknown to victims suffering from such problems is the fact that getting a good bed wedge pillow is all they need to feel better.
Wedge pillows are designed in a unique way that provides elevation to legs or the upper part of your body. Essentially, a wedge pillow is all you should invest in, to have a night that is peaceful, less painful and enjoyable.
Bed wedge pillows come in a variety of sizes and shapes, making the task of shopping for one slightly daunting. Below, we have provided a comprehensive review, which highlights the top ten best bed wedge pillows in 2017; thus, helping you make an informed decision.
- 10. MedCline Acid Reflux System
- 9. Relax Home Life – Foam Bed Wedge Bamboo Pillow
- 8. Drive Medical Folding Bed Wedge
- 7. FitPlus Bed Wedge Premium Pillow
- 6. PharMeDoc Bed Wedge Pillow
- 5. Cushy Form Bed Wedge Pillow with Memory Foam
- 4. MedSlant Wedge Pillow with Memory Foam Overlay
- 3. AERIS Memory Foam Bed Wedge Pillow
- 2. Brentwood Home Zuma Bed Wedge Pillow
- 1. InteVision Foam Wedge Bed Pillow
10. MedCline Acid Reflux System
The MedCline is one of the most uniquely designed wedge pillows. Based on research, we have found that the wedge pillow reduces the likelihood of stomach acid coming up to your esophagus by up to 80%. We recommended MedCline to people, who get nocturnal (night) reflux, laryngopharyngeal (silent) reflux and gestational reflux.
Fabricated using four types of medical-grade foam, you are bound to get the best support from this pillow. The cover is removable and machine washable. Additionally, it inclines 15 to 20 degrees, making it convenient for those suffering from lumbar problems as well. You can also turn the wedge around, and use it to support your feet.
- Exceptional patented side-sleeping technology
- Comfortable incline for those with lumbar problems
- Durable construction
- It takes some time to get used to it
- Slightly expensive
9. Relax Home Life – Foam Bed Wedge Bamboo Pillow
It is a full-size torso bed wedge pillow that constitutes 60% polyester and 40% bamboo. Relax Home Life consists of two layers whereby, the top layer is made of 1.5″ memory foam to provide a soft feel while the bottom layer is firm to provide ample lumbar support.
The pillow, which features breathable material, is regarded ideal for all sleeping positions. It is particularly handy for individuals with reflux, snoring, migraines, heartburn, and back or neck problems.
- Has a removable cover
- Two-layer design
- Aids in recovery from digestive and breathing difficulties
- Has some odor
- Takes up too much space
8. Drive Medical Folding Bed Wedge
It is a convertible wedge pillow, blending the ortho design and a small inclination. The Drive Medical is perfect for those looking to elevate the upper parts of their bodies while supporting their heads. But, what customers like most about this pillow is, its ability to fold into a block shape as this enhances easy storage. Also, this wedge comes in three different sizes of 7″, 10″ and 12″, meaning that you can choose a suitable height. It is also broad enough to sleep on. It also helps to alleviate GERD symptoms
- Removable and machine-washable cover
- Sturdy build
- Too firm making it slightly uncomfortable
- Quite narrow making it difficult for sleepers who like moving a lot
7. FitPlus Bed Wedge Premium Pillow
Our next top-rated wedge pillow is the FitPlus Bed. This product appeals to a majority of people because of its firm texture, which guarantees ample support. The wedge pillow features top-notch memory foam that adapts well to individuals’ body curves; hence, helping to stave off aches, pain, and stress. It has a gradual slope, allowing better relaxation for the tissues and muscles. Also, the cover can be removed, and this makes for easy cleaning.
- Removable cover
- Memory foam that provides stable support
- Ideal angle inclination
- Not durable
6. PharMeDoc Bed Wedge Pillow
The PharMeDoc is designed to align your spinal system while you sleep. Contrary to the foams used in a majority of pillows, the foam for this wedge contains zero chemicals. Its inclination is ideal if you are looking to curb your snoring habit or for elevating your legs to aid with lower-body circulation.
The PharMeDoc is also unique in its shape. Instead of the conventional triangular design of most wedge pillows, this one has a trapezoid shape to guarantee utmost comfort. It cleans up very easily and withstands up to 400 washes.
- Latex and BPA-free material
- Features breathable material
- Excellent for reducing pains and aches
- For some users, it may be too firm
5. Cushy Form Bed Wedge Pillow with Memory Foam
This pillow is considered a lifesaver, particularly for persons suffering from sciatica. Aside from allowing you to have a good night sleep, this wedge pillow also prevents the onset of multiple orthopedic health conditions of the spine, shoulders, and neck. Thanks to its adjustable design, the Cushy Form pillow offers plenty of versatility; you can put in an upright position as you watch your favorite television show, or use it to elevate your leg.
Most importantly, this wedge pillow boasts high-density memory foam layer that guarantees comfort while trying to fit your physique as much as possible. Cushy Foam comes fitted with a breathable and washable cover, which aids in retaining a comfortable temperature.
- Versatile and adjustable
- Features a breathable and washable cover
- Consists of high-density memory foam for optimal comfort
- Has a slightly unpleasant smell when used for the first time
4. MedSlant Wedge Pillow with Memory Foam Overlay
This pillow features an ISOFresh memory foam overlay as well as a microfiber cover, which is easy to remove and clean. Primarily, this foam serves to decrease pressure points and can be adjusted depending on how you like to sleep.
MedSlant Wedge Pillow is perfect for people with acid reflux problems as well as moms. It has a soft but firm texture and is suitable for any sleeping position.
- Has a 7-inch slant to provide mild elevation
- Features body-conforming hypoallergenic memory foam
3. AERIS Memory Foam Bed Wedge Pillow
The Aeris wedge pillow is designed for persons suffering from back pains, GERD, poor circulation of blood, neck pains and breathing difficulties. The wedge is available in a right size; hence, it fits a majority of beds without occupying too much space.
Thanks to the quality Bamboo cover, this pillow not only feels soft and smooth on one’s skin but is also durable. This pillow retains its performance and looks even after multiple washes. It also features memory foam that provides support and comfort while maintaining its shape.
- Unique curved shape
- 6-inch slant perfect for mid-range elevation
- Features a bamboo cover and lifetime warranty
- It’s both large and pricey
- Some users do not like the curved design
2. Brentwood Home Zuma Bed Wedge Pillow
The Brentwood wedge pillow is available in three different sizes, making it versatile for multiple users. It is equipped with a soft, knit cover that is removable and washable. This pillow is made using viscoelastic foam, which is very similar to memory foam. Fortunately, the viscoelastic foam does not contain any toxic additives.
The pillow is designed to hold up its shape even after numerous washes. It is ideal both for reading and sleeping upright.
- Has a good angle for sitting up in bed
- Cover is removable and can be washed to prevent allergens
- May be covered in latex, which triggers allergies
1. InteVision Foam Wedge Bed Pillow
The InteVision is a solid foam pillow fitted with a one-inch memory foam layer at the top, which provides a softer comfort. The pillow’s base has been made firm to avoid making one feel like they are lying on a block. It comes with a washable cover, and the memory foam layer is uniquely designed to provide ample ventilation.
- Thick and wide making it suitable for most users
- Foldable for easy storage
- May cause users to slid down