Soda makers are fun to have around the house. They provide many advantages and make entertaining easier. Still, there are so many soda maker manufacturers in the market, as well as so many different makes and designs. If you are in the market for a soda maker, it could get a little confusing, unless you know exactly what to look out for. We will be looking at the top 10 soda makers in 2017, but first, let’s understand soda makers better.
10. KitchenAid KSS1121CU Sparkling Beverage Maker
If you would love to make your sodas in style, then KitchenAid has got what you need with this lovely soda maker. It features a lever to control carbonation, which is much better than press-buttons. It is very stylishly designed and aesthetically pleasing. It is made from metal, with the bottle made from BPA-free plastic. There is a 60L carbonator tank and the package includes 3 starter-pack flavors.
- Pros: Available in 8 colors, BPA-free bottle, features carbonator lever
- Cons: Not the cheapest soda maker in the market
9. DrinkMate 3 Oz. Cylinder Soda Maker
Most soda makers are designed to be used with water, but this DrinkMate soda makers allows you to carbonate any liquid of your choosing. With two release buttons and a patented detachable Fizz infuser, it enables you a much better control of CO2 release. It requires no electricity or batteries, its bottle is BPA-free with volume markings, and its small design saves counter-top space. This soda maker is available in black, red and yellow.
- Pros: Available in 3 colors, counter-top space saving design
- Cons: Not very aesthetically pleasing
8. SodaStream Crystal Home Soda Maker
SodaStream presents this beautifully designed and trendy soda maker, for use by those who love style and user friendliness. It comes with a beautiful carafe with wavy lines, and includes an aluminum colored body with a futuristic design. There is a free 4oz. carbonator inside, but it does have enough space to contain a standard 60 Liter carbonator. In less than 30 seconds, this sweet machine can transform your water into soda or sparkling water, at just the touch of a button.
- Pros: Includes a beautiful wavy carafe, touch button design, trendy design
- Cons: It is as equally costly as it is lovely
7. SodaStream Genesis Soda & Sparkling Water Maker
SodaStream’s Genesis is a cute and compact sparkling water and soda maker, which needs no batteries and leaves nothing to be cleaned up after use. It comes with a free 4 oz. carbonator which can be exchanged for a full 60-liter size with a mail-in rebate. There are over 60 flavors available for use with Genesis, and each of these soda mixes will make up to 33 cans or 12 liters of soda. Using this soda maker requires just a simple press of the carbonator button, and you are free to carbonate each bottle as much as you like.
- Pros: Compact design, available in 2 colors, user friendly
- Cons: N/A
6. SodaStream Source Bright Red Home soda Maker
The SodaStream Source is yet another soda or sparkling water maker from SodaStream, but this time, the design is really pleasing to the eye. The aesthetics of this soda maker will definitely accent any modern kitchen design, while also being a center of attention. It is originally delivered with a 4 oz. carbonator, but has space for a standard 60 Liter tank. It is also easy to use and its bottle simply snaps to lock unto the machine, and easily unlocks as well.
- Pros: Lovely color and design, can complement your kitchen’s design
- Cons: N/A
5. HBINC Handheld Soda Maker Including 1 Liter Bottle
If you like your things simple and compact, then you might love this one. HBINC’s soda maker is designed to be handheld, while maintaining maximum efficiency. It’s space saving and compact design makes it perfect for traveling. Its bottle is BPA-free plastic, and it comes with a 10 carbonator package starter pack. Currently available at a discount, this soda maker is user-friendly and takes just three steps to make your favorite drinks.
- Pros: Compact and space saving, lovely design, 60% discount
- Cons: Uses small Carbonator cartridges which need comparatively frequent changing
4. iSi North America Stainless Steel Soda Siphon Bottle
Available in either silver or aluminum, this uniquely designed soda siphon bottle from iSi provides you with a handy and easy method of carbonating just about any kind of drink, from tap water to juices, wines e.t.c. it features an ergonomic, non-slip silicone grip, a pressure control valve, and it comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Pros: Unique design, easy to use, 2-year warranty
- Cons: N/A
3. SodaSparkle Handheld Home Soda Maker
The SodaSparkle Handheld soda maker is a compact drink maker that you can take anywhere with you. Are you having a pool party? picnic, road trip or are you going camping? This soda maker requires little space, but will provide you with lots of healthy drinks. It comes with a 1 Liter bottle and 5 disposable CO2 canisters.
- Pros: Compact and space saving, available in 3 colors, 10%discount
- Cons: Uses small carbonator cartridges which need to be changed more often than normal
2. Innovee 1 Liter Aluminum Soda Siphon Bottle
Innovee’s soda siphon bottle is both trendy and beautiful, and it adds some class to your life too. It is easy to use, requiring just the attachment of a carbonator canister and that’s it. You can either use it to quench your thirst all by yourself, or to entertain guests and family members, the choice is yours. It is completely dishwasher safe, being made from aluminum, and it comes with a cocktail recipe book.
- Pros: Beautiful and classy, easy to use, 44% discount
- Cons: N/A
1. SodaStream Fountain Jet Soda Maker
Our number #1 soda maker is this SodaStream product. It features a simple, yet lovely design, requires no batteries or electricity and comes with a small carbonator canister that can be used to redeem a second, standard sized, 60-liter canister. It will transform your tap water into sparkling water in less than 30 seconds, it is available in 2 colors, and it comes with a two-year guarantee.
- Pros: Available in 2 colors, requires neither electricity nor batteries, 2-year warranty
- Cons: N/A
There are basically three groups of soda makers here. There are the hand-held models, the practical and efficient counter-top models, plus the top-class models. Although our recommendation is the SodaStream Fountain Jet in positions #1, it is still left for you to make the final choice, and to purchase the soda maker that satisfies your needs.