If your WiFi router is not properly providing your entire home or office with WiFi service, then the proper thing to do, is to get a WiFi range extender. A WiFi range extender can expand your wireless network’s range by an average of 300 feet (92 meters) outdoors, but not all WiFi signals are created equal. Different WiFi range extenders offer different network capabilities and may also differ from one another in some aspects, due to their design. This review is designed to help you in choosing the best WiFi range extender that will fit your networking needs and personal situation.
Best Wifi Range Extenders in 2018
Table of Contents
- Best Wifi Range Extenders in 2018
- 10. NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
- 9. Beverly Dual Antenna 300Mbps WiFi Range Extender
- 8. TP-Link WA855RE AP Mode WiFi Range Extender
- 7. TP-Link WA860RE WiFi Range Extender
- 6. Linksys AC1200 Gigabit WiFi Range Extender
- 5. Linksys Powerline WiFi Extender
- 4. NETGEAR N300 WiFi Range Extender
- 3. Reidabu 750 Mbps WiFi Range Extender
- 2. TP-Link AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
- 1. Securifi Almond WiFi Router / Extender with Touchscreen
10. NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
The NETGEAR AC1900 is a WiFi device in a class of its own. It runs on the IEEE 802.11ac standard, and delivers up to 1.9 Gbps of WiFi connectivity. Such a high speed is managed by a 1GHz dual core processor. In addition to WiFi, the AC1900 also features 5 Ethernet ports with up to 5Gbps speed for connecting your household devices from computers to video players and smart TVs. You can also use it either as a WiFi extender for your existing WiFi infrastructure, or you could turn it into a WiFi Access Point, in which case you will have to provide Internet access through Ethernet.
- Pros: Very fast, versatile connectivity, quality product
- Cons: It’s comparatively pricey
9. Beverly Dual Antenna 300Mbps WiFi Range Extender
In position #9 is this 300Mbps WiFi range extender from Beverly. It features two external antennas and runs on the 2.4GHz band. It offers WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK encryption methods for security. On the housing are a simple reset button, three LED indicators and an Ethernet port. The antennas of the Beverly US302 feature a high gain array, which improves its reliance and performance by up to 50% better than conventional antennas.
- Pros: Reliable, WPA/WPA2 Encryption, Easy to install
8. TP-Link WA855RE AP Mode WiFi Range Extender
The TP-Link 855RE is with $17 the cheapest WiFi range extender in this list. It works in both range extender and Access Point mode and can be easily switched to a range extender mode with the press of a button. Its maximum speed is 300 Mbps and it features an LED indicator system to show signal strength, with a green for ‘Good Connection’ and an orange color for ‘Bad Connection’. It comes with a 2 year warranty and is the 8th ranking WiFi extender in this 2018 review.
- Pros: Cheap, extender and AP modes, 2 year warranty
- Cons: A little too basic
7. TP-Link WA860RE WiFi Range Extender
The WA860RE features almost the same specifications as the previous device in position #8, except that it features a pass-through outlet, which keeps your power outlet free, as well as some other minor features. With 300 Mbps top speed, it features two external antennas and LED indicators for signal strength. Although quite basic in functionality, it still comes with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty as well.
- Pros: Pass through outlet, 2 year warranty
- Cons: Basic functionality
6. Linksys AC1200 Gigabit WiFi Range Extender
This WiFi extender from Linksys has everything you need to not only extend your wireless network’s reach, but to also attach other wired devices through its four Ethernet ports and enjoy yourself. The four Gigabit Ethernet ports offer wired connection speeds of up to 10 times faster than traditional Ethernet ports. It even has an audio jack for connecting speakers and enjoying streaming music, and it supports WEP, WPA and WPA2 encryptions for security.
- Pros: 45% discount, dual band, up to 1.2Gbps
- Cons: The device is not really stylish
5. Linksys Powerline WiFi Extender
This Linksys system takes a different approach to network extension than the other devices in this review. First of all, there are two devices here. The first plugs into your power outlet and connects through Ethernet to a router. The second one can now be plugged into your power outlet from any other part of the house. Press a single button, and the two devices will connect through your power-line in a wired mode. The second device will now also offer WiFi connections, and transport the signals through your power cable. You can add more of the second, WiFi devices anywhere you like and just press the button to connect.
- Pros: Provides stable and reliable networking
- Cons: Maximum speed is 300 Mbps, although it uses a wired connection
4. NETGEAR N300 WiFi Range Extender
The NETGEAR N300 is ideal for easily extending your WiFi coverage without stress. It simply plugs into a wall plug and installation is simple and quick. It features external antennas for better WiFi coverage, and delivers the standard N300 speed of 300 Mbps. It also offers an Ethernet port for connecting wired devices, and uses a smart LED system to identify the best position for optimal coverage.
- Pros: Easy to install and use, practical wall-plug design
3. Reidabu 750 Mbps WiFi Range Extender
In position #3 is the Reibadu range extender with up to 750 Mbps transfer rate. It offers a simple installation system which does not even require a CD. It is dual band, featuring both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz channel, and it also has an Ethernet port for connecting wired devices. Moreover, it’s currently being offered at a 36% discount.
- Pros: Fast 750Mbps speed, easy setup
2. TP-Link AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
TP-Links AC1900 with 1,900 Mbps network speed provides a secure, reliable and stable connection to multiple users. You can stream videos, play games, and browse the web comfortably without any bandwidth bottlenecks. It is universally compatible and will extend your WiFi coverage up to an area of 10,000 square feet (929 square meters). It also comes with 5 Ethernet ports for connecting your smart TV, game consoles and other wired devices. It can be managed via a smartphone App for Android or iOS, and it comes with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Pros: 1.9 Gbps top speed, 27% discount
1. Securifi Almond WiFi Router / Extender with Touchscreen
Securifi’s Almond is a revolutionary product that stands out on its own and takes WiFi routers and range extenders to a new level. It does not require a computer for setup, you can either use it as your router or as a range extender or an Access point. It features a revolutionary color touchscreen, which aids in setup and in managing the device. It can even be paired with Amazon’s Alexa for complete voice control of your networking, plus it has a smartphone App that offers extensive management functions for it. It is beautiful, it is simple, it is efficient, it is revolutionary, and it is our number #1 WiFi range extender.
- Pros: Touchscreen control, use as router or extender or access point, 1 year warranty
Securifi’s Almond is simply the best WiFi extender you can get in 2018. You may still just want the cheapest solution, and in that case, the TP-Link in number #8 would be it, or you may want extreme speed and lots of Ethernet ports, then the TP-Link in position #2 would be it. Apart from that, the Securifi Almond remains our number #1 recommendation as the best WiFi range extender in 2018.