No activity rivals the thrill of a day out boating on the lake, alongside your family and friends. Add to this, the ability to play your favorite tunes, and you end up with a day full of endless entertainment.
Nonetheless, you should keep in mind that boats are often operated in harsh environs. It means that you cannot just substitute your boat speakers with any off-the-shelf models. What you need are speakers that can compete with the sound of the water, engine, the wind and open air. The speakers that you invest in ought to also hold up against corrosive properties such as salt, fog and dust. It is where the weatherproof wakeboard tower speakers come in.
There are a ton of these speakers on the market, a factor that makes it challenging to shop for one. Luckily, we have reviewed the best wakeboard tower speakers in 2017.
- 10. Noam N4 Marine Grade Wakeboard Speakers
- 9. DS18 Hydro 2-Way Wakeboard Tower Speakers
- 8. Pair Polk Audio Marine Boat Wakeboard Tower Speakers
- 7. Pyle PLMRWB85LEB Hydra Marine Wakeboard Speakers
- 6. Pair KICKER 43KM84LCW Marine Boat Wakeboard Tower Speakers
- 5. Rockford Fosgate M262-WAKE M2 Wakeboard Tower Speaker
- 4. Pair Rockville RWB65B Wakeboard Tower Speakers
- 3. MCM Custom Audio 60-10021 Marine Wakeboard Speaker
- 2. BOSS Audio MRWT40 Waketower Speaker System
- 1. Wet Sounds Revolution Series 10-inch Wakeboard Tower Speakers
10. Noam N4 Marine Grade Wakeboard Speakers
If you want to invest in some incredible and inexpensive wakeboard tower speakers, the Noam N4 model is your best choice. They have a petite size of 4-inches, making them convenient to install and carry around. Also, they are fabricated from weatherproof materials, enabling them to withstand the toughest of sea environments. Its wattage is, on average, ideal for those who do not like high or deafening volumes of music; has 100 watts RMS and 200 watts to the maximum.
- Boasts a 4-inch high-quality poly injection cone
- Lengthy wires for secure connection
- Weatherproof design
- Weak speaker plugs
9. DS18 Hydro 2-Way Wakeboard Tower Speakers
The DS18 Hydro series sound equipment has come to be relied upon by hundreds of music lovers across the globe. Overall, this series is an assortment of high-end marine and boating products, designed to handle an array of applications. This particular item represents a set of two red-colored weatherproof wakeboard tower speakers, which have been fitted with RGB LED lights. The speakers operate at 300 watts Max and 100 watts RMS. Perhaps, the key highlight of the DS18 wake tower speakers is their ability to rotate 360 degrees, providing you with flexibility with regards to the mounting position.
- Comes with adapters for versatile mounting options
- Are IP65 marine grade certified
- 360-degree rotational mounting
8. Pair Polk Audio Marine Boat Wakeboard Tower Speakers
The most crucial properties of marine speakers involve durability and quality performance. And, this is precisely what you get with the Pair Polk wakeboard tower speakers. All elements of this product are made of top-notch quality 6061 aircraft grade aluminum, enabling them to withstand intense conditions such as salt, fog and UV rays. Given that your speakers will be playing in open acoustic settings, it is vital that they are loud, and the Pair Polk Audio generate 150 watts at the continuous power and 450 watts at peak power.
- Boast signature quality sound
- Features polypropylene and UV-resistant cone
- Fully marinized
- Slightly difficult assembly
7. Pyle PLMRWB85LEB Hydra Marine Wakeboard Speakers
The Pyle Hydra Marine speakers are one of the most affordable and high-performance models. Included in this package are mounting brackets and other hardware. Pyle has incorporated an incredibly powerful sound projection system. But, the most exceptional of features entails the built-in programmable LED lights. Ideally, you can adjust the color of these Led lights using a remote control that is included. Another unique feature about these wakeboard tower speakers is that they are attached to a single mount.
- Waterproof and durable
- Features poly mica woofer cone
- Generates full range stereo sound
- Terminals are low-quality
6. Pair KICKER 43KM84LCW Marine Boat Wakeboard Tower Speakers
The Pair Kicker wakeboard speakers are fairly-priced and offer plenty of versatility to users. Aside from using them on boats, they also perform well on ATVs, Jeeps among others. They have a peak power handling of 300 watts and continuous power handling of 150 watts. A unique feature of the Kicker speakers entails their white powder-coat finish, which blends in perfectly with your boat.
- Decent pricing
- Waterproof design
- Versatile in its applications
- Lacks a wireless remote
- Clamp cannot be turned
5. Rockford Fosgate M262-WAKE M2 Wakeboard Tower Speaker
When talking about manufacturing speakers for RVs, automobiles and watercrafts, Rockford Fosgate is one of the most reliable names. Presently, the company has focused on a series of high-performance marine wakeboard tower speakers of different sizes and applications. For this M262-Wake model, the firm incorporated two sealed enclosures, which feature high-density poly-ethylene. Each of these enclosures houses a 6-1/2” woofer and one-inch tweeter. These are customized to attach to the wakeboard tower by using the hardware provided.
- Enclosures made of high-density poly-ethylene with UV inhibitors
- Adjustable cast aluminum mounting hardware
- Equipped with 360-degree rotational mounting capacity
- Mounting hardware not as durable as manufacturer claims
4. Pair Rockville RWB65B Wakeboard Tower Speakers
What stands out about the Pair Rockville tower speakers entails the new and enhanced mounting bracket, which has been strengthened with nylon and steel. The nylon enables for easy adjustment while steel helps them to withstand the toughest of conditions. These wakeboard tower speakers are truly marine-grade. You do not have to worry about your speakers getting damaged by high humidity levels or salt. With Rockville tower speakers, you get exactly what you pay for, that is, they have no exaggerated power ratings. The speakers have 150-watt RMS and 250-watts Peak.
- Terminals are sealed and water resistant
- Provides clear sounds
- Features high-density magnets
- Running more wattage distorts the quality of sound produced
3. MCM Custom Audio 60-10021 Marine Wakeboard Speaker
Are you searching for some wakeboard tower speakers that offer durability, waterproofness and excellent sound quality? Then the MCM Custom Audio 60-10021 is a perfect match for your needs. The speaker is made using polypropylene, and then surrounded with a layer of rubber, giving it ample stability and endurance. Designed to handle up to 100 watts RMS, this pair of speakers is lightweight and durable. The tweeters are constructed using titanium, enabling them to generate high frequencies.
- Durable with waterproofing features
- Top-notch design
- Produces clear and sharp sound output
- Has a heavy-duty ABS case
- Prone to rust after a while
2. BOSS Audio MRWT40 Waketower Speaker System
These top-rated wakeboard speakers by Boss Audio feature a compact design. More specifically, they have a diameter of four inches, making them less bulky than the conventional 6-inched models. Nonetheless, you need not be fooled by their small size, as they still boast a powerful sound output. They also have Mylar tweeter, which is far more durable than the typical paper cones. On the same note, the Boss Audio MRWT40 are fully-marinized speakers, with each element designed to withstand protection from UV rays, water, humidity and salt.
- Not bulky
- Comes with 3-year warranty
- Perfect sensitivity and frequency response
- Weatherproof features
- Sound quality is average
1. Wet Sounds Revolution Series 10-inch Wakeboard Tower Speakers
If you are not limited by your budget, and want some avant-garde wakeboard speakers, this model is inarguably the pinnacle of wakeboard tower speakers. With a peak wattage of 600W, the sound coming from these speakers is incredibly impressive, and can be heard up to 80-feet away. This sound quality can be attributed to the proprietary Rev Tech technology, which is solely engineered to perform well at long distances. The Revolution Series 10-inch speakers are available in gloss white or gloss black colors with UV inhibitors
- Stylish design
- Continuous power handling of 300 watts and 600 watts peak
- Exceptional Rev Tec technology that performs well at long distances
Given this breakdown, it is clear that you are spoilt for choices when you go shopping for wakeboard tower speakers. They all feature different designs, colors, prices and performance levels. When selecting, be sure to purchase one that suits your application.