If you doubt whether your home is safe or if your baby is secure in his or her room while you are away or sleeping in your room, it is then a good idea to buy and install a good quality security camera system. Designed to help individuals to remotely monitor their homes and properties, security camera systems are good devices, especially if you live in suspicious neighborhoods. They record videos and relay the same to your smartphone or computer via designated apps in real time.
Moreover, some models integrate sensors for tracking motion, as well as Wi-Fi-enabled systems that help you monitor the events in and around your home. Therefore, you shouldn’t fear about the safety of your home and kids anytime you are away.
However, the plurality of security camera models on the market can be overwhelming to first timers. That is why this article makes it simpler for you to choose your best value deal, since it highlights the top 10 best security cameras reviews in 2017. They are made of premium quality materials and components, and are therefore durable and reliable. They also feature high-end designs for great performance during both the day and night, while being relatively easy to use. Read on to discover the favorite pick for your home.
- 10. DEFEWAY 1080N DVR 1200TVL 720P HD
- 9. Smonet 4CH 960P HD Outdoor Security Cameras
- 8. Reolink RLK8-410B4
- 7. Amcrest AMDV7214-4B-B
- 6. Zmodo 720p HD High Definition Wireless Security Camera System
- 5. Amcrest AMDV960H8
- 4. Reolink RLK4-210WB4
- 3. Zmodo ZM-KW2003-500GB 1080p HDMI NVR System
- 2. EZVIZ Smart Home 1080p BD-1424B1
- 1. ANNKE DU-L81A+KK-74K 8-Channel HD-TVI 1080P
10. DEFEWAY 1080N DVR 1200TVL 720P HD
- Product Dimensions: 14.3 x 11.5 x 6.8 inches
- Item Weight: 8.3 pounds
Providing a high definition video quality, this Defeway security camera ranks among the best models available. Besides a great 720P HID 1200 TVL video quality, it also records up to 20 meters during the night thanks to its powerful IR night vision feature. You easily set up remote access to what this camera records through an included app in a matter of minutes. Therefore, you can view the video on your iPhone or Android smartphone or your laptop. The camera further features motion detection record mode that saves hard drive capacity.
· High definition video quality
· Setup is easy and fast
· 1 year long warranty
· 30-dat money back guarantee
· Night vision not very acceptable
9. Smonet 4CH 960P HD Outdoor Security Cameras
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 11 x 7 inches
- Item Weight: 7.8 pounds
This is an all-in-one 4 channel NVR security camera system kit with four easy to connect and set up 960p outdoor cameras. It is a wireless system that is quite discrete compared to most other models. It is appropriate for homes and small premises, and it helps you record, playback, and remotely view what is happening around your home. It provides a powerful anti-interference, 65-ft night vision and great image sensor capability for a clearer and more stunning image and video quality.
· Live video remote viewing on its mobile app
· Strong and long range night vision
· Easy, clutter-free setup
· Stunning picture, video quality
· Wireless performance range less than stated
- Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 8.1 x 11.4 inches
- Item Weight: 14.3 pounds
Reolink’s RLK8-410B4 security camera system has four 4MP bullet and one 8-channel NVR cameras, and integrates a 2TB hard disk. It produces 1440p high definition video with sharp resolutions. The system doesn’t congest your home network systems, but conveniently transmits stable videos on its internet app. Moreover, it offers a simple DIY installation and use. Just as easy to set up as with most Ethernet cable analog security camera systems, this model, however, offers much greater resolution as well as image quality.
· Easy installation and use
· Stable video transmission
· High definition image, video quality
· Great capacity 2TB hard disk
· NVR makes clicking noise
7. Amcrest AMDV7214-4B-B
- Product Dimensions: 15.7 x 15.6 x 9.7 inches
- Item Weight: 15.1 pounds
The Amcrest AMDV7214-4B security camera system incorporates closed circuit HD video transmission innovation to deliver highly reliable and real-time HD video quality without delays at very long wireless range. It is a very secure system with a convenient plug-and-play installation. Moreover, this is a new Eco-HD system that integrates private security technologies for quality surveillance, yet coming at an affordable price range. Like other Amcrest security systems, it is CE and FCC compliant, and also includes UL-compliant power accessories.
· CE and FCC compliant system
· Affordably priced
· Deliver real-time and reliable HD surveillance video
· 1 year domestic warranty
· Complaints about being not so iOS-friendly
6. Zmodo 720p HD High Definition Wireless Security Camera System
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 7 x 11 inches
- Item Weight: 4.6 pounds
Zmodo is another popular brand in the security camera systems industry. For instance, this 720p model is a 4-camera property monitoring solution for either your business or home. It is as easy to set it up as it is to download the free, reliable Zmodo App, creating a relevant account, and connecting these cameras to the Wi-Fi. After the setup, you are free to remotely follow what happens at your home from anywhere on your iPad, smartphone, or personal computer. Its 500GB NVR allows you to save almost 60 days footage from all of its 4 cameras.
· Ultra-simple setup
· Convenient and reliable remote video access
· Free Zmodo App
· High performance 4 cameras
· Some say setup not as easy
5. Amcrest AMDV960H8
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 8 x 12 inches
- Item Weight: 5.5 pounds
Another security camera from Amcrest, the AMDV960H8 features a waterproof and durable design. It offers reliable surveillance for home security. An ideal nanny cam, Amcrest 960H delivers long transmission range of up to 984 feet. It includes night vision camera that is responsive up to 65 feet, while its innovatively advanced 4-channel design provides cover for both indoor and outdoor areas. When you have a number of blind spots you need to keep vigil at, this is the right surveillance camera for you.
· Novel 4-channel design
· Stunningly reliable HD video quality
· Auto-activating IR LEDs for night vision
· Reliably powerful remote footage transmission
· Tedious setup
- Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 8.1 x 11.4 inches
- Item Weight: 12.9 pounds
Reolink’s RLK4-210WB4 is another great security camera with a 4-channel design that offers 1080p resolution of Wi-Fi network video recording, with 4 bullet IP cameras and a built-in 1TB hard disk. It is a great HD wireless system for office and also home surveillance. The NVR and cameras are easy to set up with the plug-n-play design. It allows you say goodbye to inconvenient cables, and therefore you effortlessly install the cameras anywhere in your house. You easily access the footage on your smartphone, tablets, as well as Mac or Windows PCs, making property monitoring quite user-friendly.
· Simple to set up
· Plug-n-play design
· Adjustable camera angle
· User-friendly video relaying
· Clunky user interface
· Only one hour at a time can be reviewed
3. Zmodo ZM-KW2003-500GB 1080p HDMI NVR System
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 11 x 11 inches
- Item Weight: 7.8 pounds
Another one by Zmodo the ZM-KW2003 is a wireless 8-camera property monitoring system ideal for any business or home. It is simple to set up, downloading the offered Zmodo App, creating the account, and connecting the 8 cameras to your Wi-Fi system. After the setup, you can view the footage from anywhere on your iPad, Smartphone, or PC. The video is recorded to the systems 500GB NVR, which lets you save up to 20-day footage from its 8 cameras.
· Saves up to 20-day footage
· A total of 8 high-quality cameras
· Quite a breeze to set up
· Reliable footage viewing remotely
· Camera passwords not hack-proof
2. EZVIZ Smart Home 1080p BD-1424B1
- Product Dimensions: 13.4 x 10.2 x 10.5 inches
- Item Weight: 12.7 pounds
This is a smart home security camera kit featuring IFTTT capability to connect to lots of smart devices, as well as voice control with the Amazon Echo. Thanks to the EZVIZ app, you will be able to view your cameras’ footage from anywhere, while integrated motion detector sends alerts through push notification when the cameras sense any movement. The system delivers clear night vision recording up to 65 to 100 feet. This system’s design is weatherproof 1P66-rated, thus ideal for installation in any weathers, reliable and durable.
· Incredible night vision range and power
· Secure recording on a built-in hard drive
· Anti-vandalism design
· Waterproof construction
· Always updating to new features
· Confusing system frequent auto-resets
1. ANNKE DU-L81A+KK-74K 8-Channel HD-TVI 1080P
- Product Dimensions: 16.4 x 11.6 x 7.5 inches
- Item Weight: 7.1 pounds
Delivering 720p High Definition both day and night monitoring, incredibly easy and reliable remote access, instantly motion-triggered alarm, improved, H264+ compression plus smart playback, the ANNKE DU-L81A+KK-74K is a high-performance security camera system. It is quintessentially what you need to keep your business or home safe. As such, it makes you enjoy great peace of mind whether you are sleeping or traveled a thousand miles away. The smart playback lets you mark out particular searching areas on your smartphone or PC and directs you straight to the times of motion in those zones while zapping through insignificant clips.
· Allows you to customize recording schedule
· Customizable smart email alerts
· Easy and reliable remote viewing
· Simple setup and use
· Sometimes blurred night vision
As mentioned earlier, the market offers many models of security cameras from various brands. However, noting that not all models are created equal, you might want to invest in the best performance and reliable option for quality surveillance of your home or business premises. As such, choosing from the selection highlighted in the above top 10 best security cameras reviews in 2017 will be a great idea for the best value for the money, and also for dependable results.