We can’t deny that curly hair makes many individuals look better. And this applies to both short as well as long hair. To achieve this effect, people use hair curling machines also known as hair curlers. While increased competition among the makers and improved technology has increased the number of devices, not all will serve you well. One may take ages to heat up while another may be too hot. It’s also possible to have an ergonomic and effective piece or a device that breaks down sooner rather than later. Finding the right accessory isn’t very easy, and this is more reason you ought to go through the top 10 best hair curling machines in 2018 reviews. Besides finding the perfect product, you will also save time, effort and money as well.
- 10. Huluwa Curling Iron Ceramic Hair Curler Fashion
- 9. Homitt Hair Curler Professional Automatic Curling Iron with Spray Function
- 8. Rejawece hair Curling Machine Professional Salon Hair Styling
- 7. ConairPRO Curlmatic Curler
- 6. IRRESISTIBLE ME Auto Rotating Steam Curler
- 5. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Miracurl Curler Machine
- 4. Xtava Black Magic Curl Machine
- 3. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Miracurl Steamtech Professional Curl Machine
- 2. RUSK Engineering Curl Freak Professional Curling Machine
- 1. Conair Curl Secret By Infiniti Pro
Choosing the Right Hair Curling Machine
When searching for the best hair curler, it pays to consider the following:
– Barrel Size: The size of barrel ranges from 3 /8 to 2 inches. Smaller barrels produce tighter curls and are mores suited for thin or flat hair. Larger barrels produce looser curls and are more appropriate for thicker hair.
– Heating element material: Gold, chrome, tourmaline and ceramic are some of the materials used for the heating elements. Due to producing negative ions, tourmaline and ceramic keep your hair frizz-free, unlike gold and chrome which may encourage frizz. Tourmaline and ceramic are also better at maintaining the desired temperature.
– Barrel Shape: The curlers come in varied shapes including straight, flat, cone and double-barrel. Straight barrel produces good ringlets and coils, the cone shape is ideal for both thin and thick curls, while double barrels are mostly used for creating figure 8 patterns, waves and for long hair.
– Heat Setting: A good product comes with variable temperature /heat setting. While high heat may produce better curls, it is more-likely to burn your hair. Low heat doesn’t produce quality curls.
10. Huluwa Curling Iron Ceramic Hair Curler Fashion
This curling iron is loved for producing quality and frizz-free curls thanks to the ceramic element. This is boosted by the 3 temperature control and 3 Time Settings that are fit for light waves, ringlets and lose curls. Consumers also love its tail line design that rotates 360 degrees ensuring your hair doesn’t entangle.
Consumers, unfortunately, complain that the instructions aren’t very clear and this is a big challenge, especially for newbies. Also, the accessory lacks indicators which would have made life easier when it comes to knowing the curl direction, heat temperature, and current status.
9. Homitt Hair Curler Professional Automatic Curling Iron with Spray Function
This hair curler by Homitt is suited for people looking for professional results. It features a ceramic element that not only heats fast but also distributes the heat evenly. Its user-friendly LCD display makes using the gadget a breeze while the variable temperature of between 350 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit allows a user to select the best setting for thin, common or thick hair.
However, according to a number of consumers, this curler may at times eat the hair leading to discomfort. There are those who claim that it isn’t very ideal for very thin hair even when the lowest setting of 350-370 deg F has been chosen
8. Rejawece hair Curling Machine Professional Salon Hair Styling
The Rejawece hair curling machines get praise for its quick heating with the highest temperature being 450 Deg F. It also leaves your hair well-curled, smooth and frizz-free thanks to the superior tourmaline-ceramic technology. For easy control, it features a built-in timer, LCD and Auto Off.
Some people have been disappointed by this unit due to lacking instructions particularly first time users. Some people claim that hair may stick especially in low-temperature setting while others claim it isn’t very effective for very thick hair.
7. ConairPRO Curlmatic Curler
Known for its easy-to-use nature and fast curling action, the ConairPRO Curlmatic is ideal for home and commercial use. The versatile unit works well with different hair types including very thin, thin, standard, think, very dense and chemically treated. Its effectiveness and precision are improved by the specialized motor and adjustable time and heat setting.
On the downside, people complain of it curling in one direction only and its inability to handle large hair volumes at a time. It’s also not the cheapest on our list yet it lacks some features that are found in cheaper types.
6. IRRESISTIBLE ME Auto Rotating Steam Curler
The IRRESISTIBLE hair curling machine is loved for several reasons. One, its wide temperature setting (380- 450 Deg F) makes it fit for any hair included treated type. Two, the steam function draws in hair while protecting it from frizz and damage. Three, it comes in an ergonomic design that features safety sensors.
The only issues are it takes a while to get the hang on it and this is attributed to its design and not-so-clear instructions. The curler also doesn’t work that well on very short hair.
5. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Miracurl Curler Machine
Both professionals and amateurs love the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium curler for the professional results it delivers, lightness, compactness and user-friendly design. It variable heat settings makes choosing the best temperature for hair easy. It’s also very sturdy and produces perfect curls and rings.
However, it only runs on 110 Volts AC and is not compatible with 220-240 V AC. Furthermore, it may make very fine hair a bit frizzy especially when the wrong heat setting has been selected. A few users find it a bit too light.
4. Xtava Black Magic Curl Machine
The Xtava brand doesn’t disappoint with this hair curling machine. Its automatic operation makes curling hair easy while the variable heat range of between 370 and 410 degrees F handles different types of hair quote well. Users also give it thumbs up for the fast heating, fairly large LCD display, and auto shutoff.
Consumers, especially those with thick hair, say it takes the time to curl hair, others say the instructions are a bit vague, while some complain about the hair winding too tight. According to some people, it requires time and patience to fully understand the curler.
3. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Miracurl Steamtech Professional Curl Machine
Targeted at users after professional results, the BaByliss Nano Titanium curler is praised for its quality-built. It handles bangs and knocks quote well while its high heat ensures that even the thickest hair gets curled nicely. It’s very compact and the motor stops and reverses automatically to avoid damaging hair or the unit.
It has received a bashing for not taking a bit too long to heat up and not being light enough. The motor in this curling machine, according to some people is not the most silent.
2. RUSK Engineering Curl Freak Professional Curling Machine
This hair curler by RUSK Engineering produces professional curls with minimal ease. It automatically draws the hair into its chamber and mists it lightly to minimize chances of damage or breakage. It’s also loved for its light and long-lasting nature that also makes it perfect for commercial use.
It, however, would have topped our list of the 10 bet hair curling machines if it heated a bit faster and didn’t get too hard. There are those who complain that it’s don’t handle very thick hair well and many spend lots of time to achieve the desired look.
1. Conair Curl Secret By Infiniti Pro
The Infiniti Pro hair curling machine takes the top slot for several reasons. Firstly, it’s among the easiest and most user-friendly devices on the market. Secondly, it offers high-performance heating and professional results. Thirdly, it doesn’t entangle the hair or creates any frizz or static thanks to the Tourmaline Ceramic technology.
Nonetheless, users complain of it not being able to handle large pieces of hair as well as it does with small hair pieces, and that it may pull hair. Another complaint is that it isn’t very ideal for semi-wavy hair and its best suited for straight hair.
Curling your hair like a professional doesn’t mean you have to visit the hairdresser or salon. You shouldn’t risk burning your hair or plucking it because of using a substandard product. Also, you don’t need to spend lots of money on an item that isn’t proven. Rather than relying on trial & error and taking chances, you are better off going through the top 10 best hair curling machines in 2018 reviews. Not only will you find a good and verified product easily, but will have peace-of-mind knowing it is backed by many affirmative reviews.