The most recent research has pointed clearly to a link between spending too much time sitting and an increased risk of developing a wide range of health problems such as neck, shoulder and back pains. However, this study also brought another fact to light, that is, sitting on poorly-designed chairs aggravates the likelihood of getting these health conditions.
For this reason, it is crucial that individuals choose wisely when shopping for office chairs. To help you make an informed decision, we have highlighted the best executive chairs reviews and provided pointers on what you should look for when you go shopping.
- 10. PU Leather Ergonomic Office Executive Chair
- 9. BestOffice Ergonomic PU Leather High Back Office Chair
- 8. Tangkula Office Massage Chair
- 7. Serta Executive Office Chair
- 6. Kadirya High Back Leather Office Chair
- 5. Executive Office Chair with PU Leather Back Support
- 4. HomCom Executive Ergonomic Heated Vibrating Massage Office Chair
- 3. Serta Air Health and Wellness Executive Office Chair
- 2. Boss Office Products B800-BK Wingback Traditional Chair
- 1. AmazonBasics High-Back Executive Chair
10. PU Leather Ergonomic Office Executive Chair
Given that you spend up to eight hours working from your office desk, it is prudent that you buy a comfortable chair fitted with ergonomic design. Ergonomically-designed chairs have the benefit of encouraging natural sitting postures and minimizing the risk of getting neck and back pains. The PU Leather Ergonomic Office Executive Chair has a distinctive look that makes it the perfect choice for an office or conference room seating. Available in a black color, this chair features padded armrests. It also has a tilt tension and lock mechanism that makes it possible for users to adjust their sitting positions.
The only drawback with this chair is the fact that it is only available in black color. This is a disadvantage since some people may prefer different colors to match the décor of their offices and homes.
- Boosts a natural and healthy sitting position
- Provides maximum comfort
- Has an adjustable height
- Features high-quality leather construction
- Available only in black color
9. BestOffice Ergonomic PU Leather High Back Office Chair
The BestOffice Ergonomic brand is yet another top-rated executive chair. It provides users with plenty of versatility so that you can move about and transition smoothly from making phone calls to scanning documents. Essentially, this chair can swivel an entire 360 degrees, meaning that you have all-round access to your office. Moreover, the BestOffice model has adjustable settings; hence, you can configure a height of between 19 and 23 inches. You can also recline or rock the chair back and forth. BestOffice executive chair has a substantial weight limit of 250 pounds, which covers the average body weight of an individual.
A few customers have realized that this chair can only be used for short periods. What this means is that it does not provide comfort for people, who sit for long hours.
- Offers versatility and mobility
- Has adjustable height settings
- Can be rocked back and forth
- Not ideal for people who spend long hours seated
- Not ideal to sit on, for long hours
8. Tangkula Office Massage Chair
Tangkula is one of the most reliable brands when it comes to furnishings. The Tangkula Office Massage Chair is a pretty good example of their high-quality products. Featuring an ergonomic design, this chair is made using PU leather and PVC materials, both of which are long-lasting. The chair, which measures 20.86 by 18.11 inches, can support a load capacity of up to 396 lbs. Furthermore, the back rest height and seat height are adjustable.
Perhaps the only area where the Tangkula Office chair disappoints entails its massage functionality. According to customer reviews, it is less of a massage chair and more of an office chair.
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Adjustable back rest height
- Less of a massage chair
7. Serta Executive Office Chair
Being a high-end executive chair, you would expect that this product is made using the reliable leather material. However, this is not the case as Serta’s office chair is constructed from microfiber, which is an equally durable material. Ideally, the level of durability is determined by two factors- how well it holds up against solid items and liquids. Upon testing, the Serta Executive Office Chair performed relatively well on both occasions. The only problem was with liquids, which can easily stain the light beige-colored seat. Nonetheless, it is dust and scratch resistant. It also has height adjustments and a lumbar support mechanism.
- Features lumbar support mechanism
- Adjustable height
- Durable and comfortable
- Requires high level of maintenance
- Available only in light beige color
6. Kadirya High Back Leather Office Chair
Kadirya High Black Leather is one of the best executive chairs in the market, and for good reason. Firstly, it is upholstered using top-notch PU leather material and has soft padding. This construction guarantees utmost comfort, lumbar support, and excellent elasticity. The chair also features pneumatic controls that allow you to raise or lower your chair as well as to rock back and forth. Similarly to other executive chair models, you can adjust the seat height and the backrest height.
Retailing at about $170 on Amazon, the Kadirya might be too expensive for some consumers. However, it provides great value for your money.
- Lumbar support mechanism
- Adjustable seat height and back height settings
- Soft padding
- Quality PU leather construction
5. Executive Office Chair with PU Leather Back Support
The Executive Chair by XtremepowerUS would serve as an excellent addition to any office. This luxury chair comes with a broad range of features, providing an ergonomic work atmosphere. It includes lumbar support mechanism to prevent the occurrence of back pains. You can adjust the back, anytime you want to change your sitting position. It also has numerous tilt options so that you can change its tilt position.
The only setback you may encounter with this chair is during assembly. Based on several customer reviews, setting up the Executive Office Chair by XtremepowerUS is a bit complex.
- Ergonomic design
- Lumbar support mechanism
- Adjustable tilt settings
- Difficult to assemble
4. HomCom Executive Ergonomic Heated Vibrating Massage Office Chair
Would you like to get a quick vibrating massage without having to leave your office? Then the HomCom Executive chair is a perfect choice. As its name suggests, this chair comes with massage and heat settings for soothing your aching back. In fact, it has 6 different massage settings that you can select from. Also, the chair has increased padding that provides comfort.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not give comprehensive information regarding this product’s warranty. Another undesirable aspect about HomCom is that it has a fixed back, making it uncomfortable for your lower back.
- Made from pure leather
- Has 6 different massage settings to soothe an aching back
- Equipped with remote control
- No information on warranty
- Fixed back makes it uncomfortable
3. Serta Air Health and Wellness Executive Office Chair
With a brand like Serta, you can never go wrong, and the Serta Air Health executive chair is evidence. Priced at $ 158, this chair is fitted with air kinetic lumbar technology, which adapts to the manner in which you move so as to provide excellent lumbar support. If you are looking for a chair that features eco-friendly material, the Serta Executive Office Chair, being made from bonded leather, is your best bet. The chair also has a heavy-duty base that provides reliable stability.
On the flipside, the Serta chair is as not durable when compared to other brands in its price range.
- Features a stylish design
- Has air kinetic lumbar technology
- Adjustable tension and lockout mechanism
- Made using eco-friendly bonded leather
- Is not durable as other chairs in its price range
2. Boss Office Products B800-BK Wingback Traditional Chair
Available in black and burgundy colors, the B800-BK Wingback chair is not upholstered in pure leather but vinyl. Nonetheless, it has all other features that you would expect to get from an executive chair. For instance, it allows for tilting and height adjustments. One thing that makes it stand out is the fact that it never loses its padding capabilities.
There are a couple of demerits that you get with this chair. For one, it is constructed from vinyl, which is not as quality a material as leather. Additionally, some people find it too expensive for the features it offers.
- Comfortable to sit on
- Is easy to set up
- Available in two colors
- Not made from pure leather
1. AmazonBasics High-Back Executive Chair
Although the AmazonBasics is still in its infancy, it is a remarkable bargain that reflects how devoted Amazon is at manufacturing first-rate products. For one, this chair gives maximum comfort while providing sufficient back support to sit in for hours on end. Contrary to other executive chairs that make it easy to slouch, the High-Back brand features a high-quality leather construction. Ideally, the upholstery feels soft enough to prevent pressure points but is also sturdy enough to guarantee lumbar support. Also, the Amazon Basics is fitted with adjustable settings for both the height and tilt features.
If you are going to buy this chair, you should also be informed about its disadvantages. Firstly, the chair lacks lumbar support adjustability. For this reason, the seat back cannot adjust on its own. Secondly, the arm rests are fixed and can get in the way of your working.
- Has ample lumbar support
- Equipped with a plush seat cushion
- Tilt and height adjustments
- Lacks adjustment for lumbar support
- Arm rests are fixed
- The leather seat fabric is not breathable
Some of the best executive chairs that you can buy for office use include the Serta Executive Office Chair, AmazonBasics High-Back Executive Chair, B800-BK Wingback Traditional Chair just to mention a few. These chairs provide lumbar support, have adjustable height settings and are comfortable to sit on for long hours.