We may have many CDs in our homes and burning them all is a big task. No need to say the time involved. Rather, a CD player proves to be useful. You can tune in to your favorite music from the CDs wherever and whenever you want.
In this article, we will be talking about the top 10 best CD players on the market and their features. Before the end of this article, you will have a reasonable idea about all the essential factors you must consider before buying a CD player.
- Top Products on Today’s Market
- 10. JVC XL-PG37 Personal Portable Walkman CD Player
- 9. Panasonic SL-SV570 Personal CD/MP3 Player
- 8. Sony D-NF340 CD Walkman & MP3 Player
- 7. Panasonic SL-SX320 Portable CD Player
- 6. HOTT CD611 Personal Compact Disc Player
- 5. Panasonic SL-CT700 Portable CD Player
- 4. Philips AX5211 Compact & Slim Portable CD Player
- 3. Sony Portable CD Player DF20
- 2. Insignia NS-P4112 Portable CD player
- 1. Sony D-NE319 MP3/ATRAC CD Walkman
Top Products on Today’s Market
Now that we have talked about the things to look for before purchasing a CD player, we will now look at some of the top products available on the market.
10. JVC XL-PG37 Personal Portable Walkman CD Player
You are not in search of something extraordinary sometimes, and you are not willing to spend a lot of money. Perhaps your main music player is an MP3 player and you are searching for a device you can take with you to play your old CDs. Perhaps you need incredible battery life on regular batteries but you do not need a lot more than that.
With anti-skip protection of up to 45 seconds, this CD player will persevere through most moderate bums and knocks. Also, it had 20 track programmability, so it enables people who are accustomed with playlists (from our MP3 gadgets) to feel comfortable. The device also has an impressive 20 hours of battery life, though not extraordinary. It doesn’t feature a radio, however that is probably not an issue for the majority of its intended audience.
- Up to 45-second anti-skip technology.
- 20 tracks programmability
- Bass quality guaranteed with the Hyper-Bass system
- Up to 20 hours of life running in alkaline batteries
- Heat resistant
- No radio, only CD/MP3 player
9. Panasonic SL-SV570 Personal CD/MP3 Player
The Panasonic Brainshaker is truly a brain shaker. This device is made for the rugged people. People who want a CD player for onboard EQ possibilities and its long life.
This device is built to be jogged, jostled, and even dropped without skipping at all. Additionally, its water resistance and heat resistance make it perfect for those who want to take it on nature jogs or to work.
The Brainshaker’s playlist allows 24 track programmability, which makes this device work more like a contemporary MP3 player.
- Made for rugged uses
- Up to 40-second skip protection buffer technology.
- Can program up to 24 tracks.
- Heat and water resistant case with a one-touch CD lock.
- Includes an integrated battery recharger
- Doesn’t come with a radio
8. Sony D-NF340 CD Walkman & MP3 Player
The Sony D-NF340 is an incredible CD player and it is made by the usual suspect, Sony. Sony has been around for ages, and they have their hands in pretty much every innovative niche that exists.
This CD player comes with all the usual features— support for CDRW, CDR, AND MP3 discs, an inbuilt FM tuner with forty presets, an LCD screen that displays digital meta bass technology, ID3 tags, and an inbuilt control button.
- This device has high quality sound
- Excellent EQ
- Excellent skip protection
- More costly than some devices
7. Panasonic SL-SX320 Portable CD Player
Again, we have a Panasonic piece. This one is equally as good, although perhaps not as packed full of features, as some other ones. It does, however, come at a great price, and it is far from an economy model, featuring all of the things that you need from a great CD player.
This Panasonic player plays, like most portable CD players, CDs, CDRs, and CDRWs, making it easy to play the mix CDs you have assembled. It includes a hold button, which makes sure that you don’t accidentally change songs or activate any other features while you’re listening, and a resume button, which allows you to pick up right where you left off.
With 33 hours of playback on a single set of batteries and included over the ear headphones, it is hard to go wrong with this piece of tech.
- High quality audio
- Plays CDR and CDRW CDs
- Not as full of features as other devices
6. HOTT CD611 Personal Compact Disc Player
HOTT is a great, affordable, quality piece of music playing equipment that is sure to have you listening to all of your favorite music wherever you want. The HOTT portable compact CD player supports a variety of formats. It can play CDs, CDRs, and CDRWs, and it supports MP3s and WMAs. This is a great feature in the modern age, when few of us in fact walk into a music store and buy a CD.
This CD player includes a set of stereo ear buds, has a great LCD display, and as 5 sound effects and 4 playback modes. Overall, it is a great piece to own and comes at a great price.
- Plays MP3s and WMAs
- Great price
- Some reviewers think it is a cheap device
5. Panasonic SL-CT700 Portable CD Player
This is another great piece by Panasonic, which is perhaps the leader in portable CD player production. The SL-CT700 is a top of the line offering from a great company that is sure to excite your ears and have you listening for hours on end.
This CD player is extremely thin — .66 inches to be exact. This makes it easy to travel with and comfortable to hold. It supports MP3 playback, which means that you won’t have to convert and burn all of your music files before making a mix CD. It comes with 45 seconds of skip protection on CDs and 100 seconds of backup protection on MP3s.
One of the best things about this player is its battery life. It comes with 2 rechargeable batteries, to which you add your own 2 AA batteries. Together, they give you a total of 80 hours of battery life, which is nothing short of astounding in an era in which the smart phone you are holding (which is your everyday MP3 player) will die in a fraction of that time.
- Very slim
- 80 hours of battery life
- Plays MP3s
- Slightly pricey
4. Philips AX5211 Compact & Slim Portable CD Player
If you are looking for a top of the line portable CD player that looks great, comes standard with many functions, and won’t break your bank, then this Philips offering may be the one for you.
This CD player is slim and attractive, and comes standard with a host of features. It has a 45-second electronic skip protection built in, which is great for ensuring that you won’t have your music interrupted. It can playback 30 hours of music on a single set of batteries, and it is programmable up to 30 tracks (which is wonderful for assembling mixes on long trips).
It supports playing CDs, CDRs, and CDRWs, so you can build and burn your own discs to play wherever you like. It also includes a digital dynamic bass boost, which makes sure that you’ll hear the music pumping strong.
- 45 secs skip protection
- 30 hours playback
- Less battery life than some
- Does not seem to play MP3s
3. Sony Portable CD Player DF20
The Sony DF20 is a rather standard issue Sony CD player. That means that it is solid, it is worthy of being included on our list, but it is not exceptional. It does, however, provide the cost-conscious among us with a great place to look.
While nothing about this piece is particularly noteworthy, all of it is solid. It is heat-resistant, gets up to 20 hours on a single set of AA batteries, has 48 seconds of anti-skip buffering, and has a high-quality digital sound system that gives you great sound quality. It even comes with headphones.
The best thing about this CD player is its sound system. It has both a bass boost and 4 different musical modes to choose from, allowing some measure of EQ control.
- Heat resistant case.
- Up to 20 hours active life with AA alkaline batteries.
- Mega-Bass sound for a deeper quality.
- Can reproduce your music in 4 different modes.
- Clear high-quality digital sound system.
- Requires non-included A/C cord to run without batteries
2. Insignia NS-P4112 Portable CD player
The Insignia portable CD player is a user-friendly, affordable device with some great features. If you’re looking for something that will get the job done without hurting your wallet, then this might be the one for you.
This device comes with a nice skip-protection system but lacks an active memory when turned off, which isn’t good for audiobooks and concert records, and also has a short lifespan which weighs against its low price.
While the Insignia cannot play MP3 discs, it is able to play CD-R and CD-R discs, so you’ll be able to burn your library of songs from your computer to writable CDs and play them from there on this player. The Insignia also has great sound quality, like many portable CD players, and it does it at a low price.
- Can reproduce audios from any CD, CD-R and CD-RW disc format.
- Includes an electric adapter
- You can pair its speaker with your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth.
- Comes with a standard one-year warranty.
- Excellent sound quality
- Extremely low price
- Quality may diminish in a short period of time
1. Sony D-NE319 MP3/ATRAC CD Walkman
The Sony D-NE319 is a musically-oriented, long-living sound machine. It has the longest battery life on this list at a staggering 41 hours on just one AA battery and it has the ability to suit nearly any musical style.
Overall, this players 18 play modes, bass processor, skip protection, and exceptionally long life make it an ideal piece for taking long trips, during which any MP3 player would need to be recharged. And if you carry a few spare batteries with you (and a few discs full of ATRAC3+ songs) you will have weeks of music at your disposal without charging and with minimal CD changing.
- Skip-Free G-Protection to prevent your music from crashing.
- Long battery life, up to 41 hours with an AA battery
- Digital Mega Bass processor guarantees smooth and deep bass tones.
- Includes 18 play modes to fit your music’s styles.
- Excellent sound quality regardless of the end system.
- No electric adapter included
Whether it is for listening to audiobooks or those original CDs you are so proud to have, a portable CD player can offer a higher sound quality than most MP3/4 nano players (and even better, they have a longer battery life!).
Having talked about some of the best portable CD player on the market, as well as some features to consider before buying, we hope this article will help you to make the right decision.