For many, homes represent safe havens. As such, homeowners strive to keep their households in pristine condition. Maintaining the cleanliness of your home has to start with your carpet. Ideally, nothing beats the feeling of a deep-cleaned carpet, as it will make your home feel completely refreshed.
For carpet owners, it is extremely crucial that you invest in quality carpet cleaners. These pieces of equipment are ideal for treating stubborn stains as well as keeping your carpets spotless. And, if you stay with your pet, you should consider getting a carpet cleaner to handle pet odors.
The biggest nightmare arises when you have to pick out the ideal carpet cleaner from the plethora of options available on the market. In this review, we have highlighted the top 10 best carpet cleaners, to help you make an informed selection.
- 10. Wagner Power Products On-Demand Power Steamer
- 9. Dirt Devil FD50105 Quick and Light Carpet Washer
- 8. Oreck Revitalize Carpet Cleaner
- 7. Shark Sonic Duo Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner
- 6. Hoover Carpet Cleaner SteamVac with Clean Surge Carpet Cleaner Machine
- 5. Bissell Spotbot Cleaner Handsfree Spot and Stain Cleaner
- 4. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner
- 3. Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Deep Carpet Cleaning Machine
- 2. Hoover FH50150 Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
- 1. Bissell 86T3/86T3Q Big Green Deep Cleaning Carpet Cleaner Machine
10. Wagner Power Products On-Demand Power Steamer
The On-Demand Power Steam is the perfect alternative to vacuum cleaners since it contains zero chemicals. Since it is a power steamer, it can be used to clean all surface types including carpets, rugs, and tiles. Also, the cleaner features an efficient 120-volt cleaning system.
But, the key highlight of this product is the fact that it can reach a water temperature of 135 degrees, which comes in handy to destroy different forms of mold and bacteria. The Wagner On-Demand cleaner also has a floor-cleaning brush and cloth.
- Suitable for multiple surfaces
- Excellent at killing mold and bacteria
- Fails to dislodge debris effectively
- Brushes are rather small
9. Dirt Devil FD50105 Quick and Light Carpet Washer
Like the Hoover SteamVac, this tool is also affordable. It is a suitable buy for those purchasing a carpet cleaner for the first time, due to its basic, simple design. If you have opted for the Dirt Devil carpet washer, you should be ready to compromise on some features. For instance, it lacks a hose, which is essential in cleaning stairs and other upholstery.
Thanks to its compact design, the Dirt Devil does not take up too much space. It has a tank capacity of three quarts, which is relatively smaller than other models. Nonetheless, it has other pleasant features such as the fact that it runs very quietly.
- Compact design
- Does not come with attachments
8. Oreck Revitalize Carpet Cleaner
The next item on our list is the Oreck Revitalize Cleaner. Assembling this carpet washer is very easy. With a weight of 16 pounds, this carpet cleaner is also lightweight and portable. The Oreck Revitalize boasts of the ability to lift debris and pet hairs from even the thickest carpet. It is equipped with a 7.5 amp motor that translates to a powerful suctioning capability. It also has rotating brushes, which are useful in digging out dirt. Its cleaning path or base, stretches to about 12.5 inches, meaning you clean a large section without refilling your tank.
- Features duo scrub technology
- 5 amp motor
- Numerous attachments
- Requires thorough maintenance
7. Shark Sonic Duo Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner
Shark is a reputable brand when it comes to the manufacture of cleaning equipment. This company is known to provide high-quality and affordable products, and their Sonic Duo carpet cleaner is an excellent case in point. Shark Sonic Duo is designed to clean not only carpeted surfaces but also hardwood and tile floors. The carpet cleaner can perform up to 1000 scrubs on these surfaces per minute. It also features AirGlide technology that enhances its maneuverability.
- Numerous complementary carpet cleaning solutions
- Features a Trap & Remove technology
- Airglide maneuverability
- Sonic scrub system
- Not efficient in collecting pet hair
6. Hoover Carpet Cleaner SteamVac with Clean Surge Carpet Cleaner Machine
Although SteamVac is not the best product by Hoover, it is certainly budget-friendly and has all the essential elements of an ideal carpet cleaner. This gadget is lightweight and does a good job of eliminating carpet stains. Being lightweight makes it convenient to move around and clean all the areas of your home without getting fatigued. Also, this carpet cleaner is easy to assemble. Based on Amazon reviews, one customer spent a measly twelve minutes to connect all the parts.
- Easy assembly
- Comes with 8-foot hose, upholstery device, and a cleaning solution
- The dual tanks are small
5. Bissell Spotbot Cleaner Handsfree Spot and Stain Cleaner
The Bissel Spotbot is yet another high-end carpet cleaner. Weighing a measly 17.8 pounds, this tool is lightweight and portable. But, the best feature of this model is its hands-free design. Ideally, all you are required to do is to choose either one of the two cycles and leave the cleaner to its job. When you return after about half an hour, you will find your carpet looking spotless. The carpet cleaning machine employs an effecient technology that involves spraying, scrubbing, rinsing and sucking out all the dirt and grime.
- Features Microban Antimicrobial Product Protection for fighting bacteria
- Exceptional spiral brushing action
- Hands-free design
- Low-quality hose
- Difficult to clean
4. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner
The McCulloch is one of the most versatile cleaning equipment. Aside from using it to clean your carpet, you can also use it to clean the kitchen area, kitchen tools, outdoor furniture among others. It has a powerful steam mechanism, which removes all stubborn grease and grime from your carpets. It is also lightweight and has a 15-foot cord, facilitating easy maneuverability. As for the capacity, this cleaner comes with a 48-ounce water reservoir, meaning you do not have to keep to refilling it.
- Plenty of accessories
- Enhances natural safety
- Large water tank capacity
- Loud during operation
- Inadequate storage space for the accessories
3. Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Deep Carpet Cleaning Machine
Are you in the market for a heavy-duty carpet cleaning machine? The Mighty Pro X3 is your best bet. It features a 1.74HP motor with a 28PSI power pump. Primarily, the purpose of this motor is to drive a vibrating brush technology. These brushes are designed to trap all sorts of dust and grime. Rug Doctor Pro X3 is fitted with a duo tank system. One tank is used to hold clean water while the other holds wastewater. This separation mechanism makes it easy to empty and refill the cleaner.
- Comes with 2-year warranty
- Adjustable handle
- Dual-tank system
- Slightly expensive
- 4- hour drying period
2. Hoover FH50150 Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
The Hoover FH50150 is regarded as Amazon’s ‘Best Seller.’ A unique feature about this carpet cleaner is the SpinScrub brush system that employs numerous brushes rotating at 360 degrees. These brushes are competent in digging out dirt and debris even from thick carpets. These brushes are also detachable, meaning that you can remove and clean them.
Aside from the sophisticated brush system, this carpet cleaner also features a dual tank technology, which has two distinct tanks for holding clean and dirty water. The Hoover FH50150 cleaner is also fitted with an automatic detergent mixing mechanism that offers a hands-free carpet cleaning remedy.
- Multiple attachments and accessories
- SpinScrub brush system
- Smart tank systems
- Automatic detergent mixing
- The SpinBrush tends to clog
- Pump is likely to disintegrate
1. Bissell 86T3/86T3Q Big Green Deep Cleaning Carpet Cleaner Machine
The Bissell 86T3/86T3Q model has tons of high-end features that qualify it to be a professional-grade carpet cleaner. For instance, it features DirtLifter Power Brushes. These brushes have very stiff bristles that are designed to rotate; hence, attack dirt from every angle. Like its Hoover counterpart, this carpet cleaner also has two tanks, making it easy to refill the reservoir. Moreover, the carpet cleaning machine has a flow indicator, which notifies you when to refill the tank.
- Dual rotating brushes
- Deep cleaning system
- Dual tank technology
- Handy pet hair tools and accessories
- Requires plenty of care and maintenance