Regardless of the level of your gardening skills, you probably understand the significance of caring for your plants. Aside from watering them, you also have to worry about protecting them from pests, weeds, bugs among other pesky elements. The backpack sprayer was invented to make a majority of these gardening chores easy.
A backpack sprayer is a handy equipment for applying fertilizers, insecticides, pesticides and other products essential for your garden or lawn plants.
You will come across different backpack sprayer models. In fact, these tools come in a variety of shapes, sizes and designs. To make your shopping easier, we have reviewed ten of the best backpack sprayers on the market.
- 10. Rainmaker Backpack Sprayer
- 9. Stanley 61804 Professional Backpack Sprayer
- 8. Smith Performance NL400 Backpack Sprayer
- 7. Solo 425 Professional Backpack Sprayer
- 6. Hudson 97154 SP1 Multi-Purpose Bak-Pak Sprayer
- 5. Shower Backpack Sprayer by FlowZone
- 4. Roundup 190327 No Leak Pump Backpack Sprayer
- 3. My 4 Sons Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer
- 2. Chapin 63985 4-Gallon Wide Mouth 20v Battery Backpack Sprayer
- 1. Field King Professional 190328 No Leak Pump Backpack Sprayer
Best Backpack Sprayers
Described below are the top backpack sprayers in 2017. These models stood out due to their solid construction, ease of operation and decent spraying range.
10. Rainmaker Backpack Sprayer
The last product to make our cut is the Rainmaker Backpack Sprayer. It is known for its flexibility in that it can accommodate any chemical. For efficient use, this sprayer has padded straps and a trigger mechanism, which sprays continually, it once activated. Like most of the sprayers on our review, the Rainmaker model has four interchangeable nozzles. It means that you can use either one of the nozzles to suit different needs.
- Easy to pump
- Lock-on trigger
- Holds pressure well
- Low build-quality
- Rubber sealants
9. Stanley 61804 Professional Backpack Sprayer
If you are not among the hardcore horticulturalists, a simple backpack sprayer such as the Stanley 61804 is enough to meet your needs. It has two filters that prevent debris from accumulating in the sprayer as you use it. Also, the sprayer consists of lightweight and chemical-resistant materials, which makes it easy to operate and maintain. Sadly, the nozzles on this machine have limited functionality.
- Pump allows for left and right-handed use
- Not versatile
8. Smith Performance NL400 Backpack Sprayer
The Smith Performance NL400 has always been a favorite for expert and novice gardeners alike. Its 4-gallon tank constitutes a translucent poly material, through which operators can check the level of the liquid. It also boasts a pressure of 150psi- the highest rating in our review. The backpack sprayer also has an agitator that facilitates uniform mixing of solutions.
- 150-psi pressure capacity
- Stainless steel components for optimal corrosion resistance
- Translucent poly tank to monitor liquid level
7. Solo 425 Professional Backpack Sprayer
Solo 425 is a piston backpack sprayer, featuring top-notch performance. Its pressure level goes as high as 90 psi, and a commercial-grade shut-off valve is incorporated to minimize user fatigue. This backpack sprayer is designed to handle an array of jobs ranging from fertilizers to disinfectants, pesticides, and formulations for protecting shrubs and trees. Solo 425 also has Viton seals that enhance durability. You will also be pleased with the four-nozzle assortment, which permits different spraying tasks including hollow cone, fan spray, and jet stream nozzles.
- One year warranty
- Capacity of four gallons
- Suitable for landscaping businesses
- Straps are not made of high-quality materials
- Low pressure
6. Hudson 97154 SP1 Multi-Purpose Bak-Pak Sprayer
The Hudson 97154 is a handy equipment when trying to control pest infestations. Overall, Hudson has a reputation for making high-performance products, and this Bak-Pak sprayer is no exception. It features a diaphragm pump, which moves up and down continuously to provide you with a powerful spray. The lever connecting the handle to the pump is fabricated from stainless steel while the wand and tip are made of brass. The four-gallon tank is translucent, allowing you to see the level of the liquid.
- Sturdy construction
- Adjustable and brass-made wand for a long life
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- Not motorized
5. Shower Backpack Sprayer by FlowZone
It is a type of battery-powered backpack sprayer. The battery can work for a maximum of forty-five minutes before requiring a recharge. The FlowZone equipment can spray roughly 15 feet using a consistent pressure of 45 psi. Furthermore, it has a short and adjustable nozzle with an 18-inch mist extension wand for meeting all your project’s demands. Another handy feature of this backpack sprayer is the generous 4-gallon tank capacity. Also, if you are too tired to carry the sprayer on your back, you can move it around using the integrated rolling dolly.
- One year 100% satisfaction guarantee
- The hose connecting the sprayer to the tank consists of coiled wire that helps prevent kinking at the connections
- Gives you the option to roll instead of carrying on your back
- It is challenging to change the nozzles
4. Roundup 190327 No Leak Pump Backpack Sprayer
The Roundup 190327 is a manually-operated backpack sprayer. It has a 21-inch wand and a removable in-line filter. The pump is strategically located for easy access. But, aside from the convenient positioning of the pump, it also allows users to change seals within a short period. Furthermore, the sprayer can reach a pressure of 150 psi, which is higher than most diaphragm pump backpack sprayers.
- Compatible with even TeeJet nozzles
- Pump is easily accessible
- Premium-quality and lockable shut-off
- May require constant pumping to keep the pressure up
3. My 4 Sons Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer
Most individuals hold the false notion that cheap tools do not deliver decent performance. We would like to prove you wrong with the 4-gallon backpack sprayer by My 4 Sons. It has an average pressure of 40 psi. It is designed to target distant areas while delivering similar efficiency. Also, it has an autonomous mode, allowing you to work non-stop for eight hours. With a weight of just 14 lbs, this backpack sprayer feels light during use. You will also find battery life indicators, which notify you when the equipment needs a recharge.
- Tons of nozzles
- Long lasting battery
- Stainless steel wand
2. Chapin 63985 4-Gallon Wide Mouth 20v Battery Backpack Sprayer
Before the Chapin 63985 backpack sprayer hit the market, one was expected to fertilize plants and spray pesticides without the aid of any equipment. It is no longer the case, thanks to this new machine, which can generate a 25-feet water jet. It also has an impressive pressure yield of 40 psi. But, the key highlight of this sprayer is its performance. It can run in an autonomous mode for at least two hours. All the shoulder, chest and waist straps are padded and adjustable, making it comfortable to wear.
- Has a 35-foot horizontal stream
- Utilizes Black and Decker battery
- Fitted with multiple nozzles
- Easy cleaning
- Short hose
- Lid has trouble cross threading
1. Field King Professional 190328 No Leak Pump Backpack Sprayer
Although it’s manually powered, the Field King 190328 is the best backpack sprayer in the industry. It can accommodate up to four gallons of fluids. Also, this backpack sprayer features an internal pump that is specially designed to prevent leaking. Field King’s internal pressure can go as high as 150 psi, which is sufficient to give you power and distance. When you factor in the four nozzle system, you end up with a versatile equipment that comes in at a reasonable price. Also, it has padded straps and a belt. The belt helps you to transfer some weight off your back to the waist region.
- Comfy padded harness
- Four nozzles
- High PSI
- Not prone to leaks
- Manual pump
- Plastic wand
With a quality backpack sprayer, you can transform what you regard as a cumbersome chore into a pleasant walk around your lawn. The backpack sprayers that we have reviewed have all the features you need for such a handy piece of garden equipment.