No matter how well educated you are, you won’t be able to speak or understand even a quarter of the world’s languages. And that’s for those who started learning while they were young, because as an adult, it’ll be far easier for you to become an olympic champion than to properly learn a new language. Not that you’re dumb, it’s just the way the brain is wired. Besides, we’re in the millennial age, no one wants to waste that much time learning how to speak a new language, when there are cool new challenges to partake in, #Drake#InMyFeelings.
So it’s a good thing that technology, in the form of translator devices, is catching up to solving this problem. Especially since the interconnectivity of the world’s population means everyone needs to communicate as effectively as possible. With how difficult it is navigating cultural barriers, there’s no need to add communication barriers to the mix. Fortunately, programmers, engineers and designers have collaborated in making some truly remarkable pieces of translator devices. Finding the right one for your needs, however, requires some careful research. So the first section of this article will be dealing with factors you’ll need to consider before making your purchase, before moving on to some of the highest rated devices in the market.
List of Top 10 Best Translator Devices
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Translator Devices
- 10. Franklin Electronic Spanish-English Learner BES – 4110-01
- 9. Franklin Merriam Webster Spanish – English Dictionary
- 8. BBK AM103 English – Chinese Pinyin Dictionary Translator
- 7. Fosa Smart Language Translator Device
- 6. ILI Instant Offline Language Translator Device
- 5. Aspiring Voice Translator, Smart Language Two Way
- 4. Bestrans Intelligent Voice Translator
- 3. Pulomi TT Easy Trans Smart Translator Device
- 2. Carpuride 2.4″ Touch Screen Intelligent Voice Translator Device
- 1. Aibecy Real Time Smart Language Translator
- Factors To Consider When Choosing Translator Devices
- Final Thoughts
|Franklin Electronic Spanish English Learner BES-4110-01||Buy on Amazon|
|Franklin Merriam Webster Spanish English Dictionary (DBE-1500)||Buy on Amazon|
|AM103 English Chinese Pinyin Dictionary Translator - Translate English Sentence/Word to Chinese & Pinyin||Buy on Amazon|
|Smart Language Translator Device, Electronic Translator Portable Bluetooth Multi-Language Translation, 16 Languages Wireless Translator Headset for Learning Traveling Shopping Business Meeting||Buy on Amazon|
|ili - Instant Offline Language Translator Device (One-Way Translator)||Buy on Amazon|
|Voice Translator Smart Language Two Way WiFi 2.4inch IPS Capacitive Touch Screen Support Multi- Languages Freely Translation||Buy on Amazon|
|Intelligent Voice Translator, Language Simultaneous Interpretation English Chinese French Spanish German Spainish 33 Languages for Travel Learning Shoping, Handheld Deluxe Translator Stick (Black)||Buy on Amazon|
|Pulomi Easy Trans Smart Language Translator Device Electronic Pocket Voice Bluetooth 52 Languages for Learning Travel Shopping Business White Fit for Apple iPhone||Buy on Amazon|
|2.4" Touch Screen Intelligent Voice Translator Device, Mini Handheld Simultaneous Two-Way Language Translate English Chinese French Spanish German Italian||Buy on Amazon|
|Aibecy Smart Language Translator Real-time Multi Speech/Text Translation Device with APP for Business Travel Shopping English Chinese French Spanish Japanese Arabic||Buy on Amazon|
10. Franklin Electronic Spanish-English Learner BES – 4110-01
Great learning tool if you need to perfect a second language. It has a very wide vocabulary database, with 12 of the most used Spanish and English translation books conveniently fitted into one small device.
All translations can be heard in a human prerecorded voice. What’s unique about this device is that it has more than 25,000 words to picture illustrations, in its picture dictionary section. And just for fun, it has an interactive gaming section with spelling bees and other grammatical guides for both English and Spanish languages.
- Has a 2.4″ color LCM screen
- Includes 12 Maestro pack books
- Word to picture illustrations
- Both online and offline usage options
9. Franklin Merriam Webster Spanish – English Dictionary
Communicate effectively with this Merriam Webster’s dictionary which has a patented phonetic spelling correction. This is ideal for students learning Spanish, or the other way around, as it encourages fluent pronunciation of words. Every definition comes with its usage example, in the desired language, read out loud.
It has some of the most common misspelled words on SAT and TOEFL, and has crossword puzzles to help users build up a solid vocabulary. It’s a bit bigger than most of the devices on this list, but still portable.
- Spanish and English dictionaries
- Crossword puzzles for vocabulary development
- Patented phonetic spell check
8. BBK AM103 English – Chinese Pinyin Dictionary Translator
Great and indispensable tool for anyone visiting China or just learning Mandarin. The user interface is easy to use and designed for a native English speaker. It offers a two-way directional translation from English to Chinese and vice versa.
You’ll get clear pronunciations of Mandarin and English, so perhaps even Chinese people can use the device. It shows a pinyin and English phonetics in the display and features other traveling conveniences like a world clock, calculator and unit
- English to Mandarin and vice versa only
- Phonetic pronunciation of both
- Has extra features like world clock, unit converter and calculator
- Word for word translation only (not complex sentences)
7. Fosa Smart Language Translator Device
This electronic translator has a portable wireless translator headset with the ability to translate up to 16 different languages. It’s great for tourist as well as business travels. Its wireless connector, a bluetooth 4.1, allows transmission up to 10 meters away from the actual device.
Note, you’ll need to get the app on your device, which is compatible with both Apple and Samsung products. This works strictly when connected to the internet, and not offline.
- App is compatible with iPhone and Samsung only
- Translation ear phone can receive transmission 10m away from device
- Bluetooth version 4.1
- Charging time, approximately 1 hour, lasts between 5 to 8 hours
- Number of translatable languages, 16
- only works with internet
6. ILI Instant Offline Language Translator Device
iLi allows you translate to other languages when you’re offline. So you can use this regardless of how remotely you travel. Note that this is a one-way translator, meaning you input in English only, and select the desired output language. You can’t input any other language.
It’s the brainchild of a Japanese firm, so it’s no surprise that this allows you translate to Spanish and two other Asian languages – Mandarin and Japanese. This is essentially for tourists who’ll want to ask for services properly, like ordering at a restaurant for example.
- Works offline
- One way translation only – English to others, not vice versa
- Translates English to only 3 other languages
- Completes translations in roughly 0.2 seconds
5. Aspiring Voice Translator, Smart Language Two Way
Two-way translator that works strictly with the internet. This means you can input multiple languages, and get the response in all 35 languages it translates to. It comes with an English manual, so if that’s not your first language, tough luck.
Built with a touchscreen and a 1500 MHA battery that can last up to 10 days on standby, and 6 hours during normal usage. When speaking into the MIC, you’re encouraged to place it at least 30cm in front of you, then speak at a normal pace without any accents, so you’ll get accurate translations.
- Needs at least 3G internet access to work
- Has a 95% translation accuracy rate
- Supports 35 language translations
- Has a 2.4″ touchscreen
- Battery lasts 150 hours on standby, and 6 hours during normal use
4. Bestrans Intelligent Voice Translator
You’ll need to download the app to your phone (available on both iOS and Android), then connect the device via Bluetooth and viola! Since it requires an app, that means it works solely online.
It instantly translates 33 languages – four of which are different variations of English (UK, American, Indian? and Australian). The maximum wireless distance between your phone and the device is 10m, while the speech recognition distance is 1 meter.
- Has text display for translated words
- App works only on Android 4.3, iOS 8 and above
- Bluetooth version 4.0
- Speech recognition distance is 1 meter
- Translates 33 languages
3. Pulomi TT Easy Trans Smart Translator Device
Super small, pocket sized device that translates 52 unique languages. Control is done using an app “TT Fayuo”, which is available on both Play and Apple store. On really fast internet, it takes just a second or two for the translation to be transmitted. You can get it in text form on your phone as well as in audio format, which you can replay.
It has a single machine mode, plus a dual automatic and manual machine mode. Note that it translates any one of the 52 languages, to any of the remaining 51.
- Battery takes 30 mins to charge, lasts 24 hours
- Translates 52 languages
- Works online (check for the app, TT Fayuo)
- Compatible with both iOS and Android devices
2. Carpuride 2.4″ Touch Screen Intelligent Voice Translator Device
Having translation troubles? This translator device allows you to translate over 40 different languages efficiently. It has a touch screen and an easy to use interface. Just select the input and output languages you want with a few clicks and your translation will be done in no time.
You don’t need an app for this device to work, just connect it to WiFi or a hotspot and get your operational language translated in real time (in both voice and text).
- Translates 40 languages
- 2.4″ touchscreen
- 98% translation accuracy
- Battery lasts 8 hours when in use, and 10 days on standby
1. Aibecy Real Time Smart Language Translator
This instant translator supports more than 30 languages. It allows you select two languages, with the input language designated “A” and the output “B”. The device works online, so you’ll need to download the app to your iPhone or Android device. The device uses a 2.4G wireless connection to your phone. Note that you’ll need the code on the manual the device comes with to be able to access the app.
It comes with two microphones, one for input and the other, a denoising mic so that your voice is recorded with as much clarity as possible.
- Bluetooth version 4.0
- Max transmission distance is 10 meters
- Number of languages, 30 plus
- Uses internet connection (download app)
Translator devices come in different sizes and prices, some with more functions than others. As long as you have an idea about where you’ll be going and what you’ll be doing, you should find it easy to narrow down your choice of device.