There are a ton of reasons people get overbed table laptop carts. Some people just want a workspace while in bed, others want a workspace that can be moved, and still others want a workspace that won’t cause their already hurting back to hurt even more. Whichever group you belong to, you’ll agree that these moveable workspaces offer more convenience than can be quantified – and yet that’s what you’ll be reading hence forth.
The focus will be on some of the factors you’ll need to take into consideration before choosing your cart – like the size, adjustability, purpose and design, material used to make it, and perhaps the most important factor, what it will cost you. The second part will focus on the highest rated carts, so just sit tight and read on. If you already have a specific design in mind, just skip to the review section, otherwise start in from the very beginning.
List of Top 10 Best Overbed Table Laptop Carts
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Overbed Table Laptop Carts
- 10. Vaunn Medical Adjustable Overbed, Bedside Table With Wheels
- 9. Drive Medical Non-Tilt Top, Overbed
- 8. Vaunn Medical Deluxe Tiltable Overbed Bedside Table
- 7. Carex Overbed Table, Flat Rolling Bed Table
- 6. Invacare 6417, Overbed Table With Auto Touch
- 5. Medline Adjustable Overbed, Bedside Table With Wheels
- 4. MedMobile Tilt Top, Overbed Table With Laminated Top
- 3. Soges 31.5″, Adjustable Mobile Lap Table
- 2. Ebuynar Adjustable Overbed Table Laptop Carts
- 1. UNICOO Height Adjustable Overbed Table Laptop Carts
- What To Consider When Choosing Overbed Table Laptop Carts
- Final Thoughts
|Medical Adjustable Overbed Bedside Table With Wheels (hospital and Home Use)||Buy on Amazon|
|Drive Medical Non Tilt Top Overbed Table, Silver Vein||Buy on Amazon|
|Medical Deluxe Tiltable Overbed Bedside Table w One-Touch Height Adjustment Feature (Hospital and Home Use)||Buy on Amazon|
|Carex Overbed Table - Flat Rolling Bed Table with Adjustable Height - Over The Bed Table For Home Use||Buy on Amazon|
|Invacare 6417 Overbed Table with Auto-Touch||Buy on Amazon|
|Medline Adjustable Overbed Bedside Table with Wheels, Great for Hospital Use or At Home as Bed Tray, Composite Table Top||Buy on Amazon|
|MedMobile Tilt Top Overbed Table with Laminated Tall Edged Table Top||Buy on Amazon|
|SOGES Adjustable Lap Table Portable Laptop Computer Stand Desk Cart Tray Side Table for Bed Sofa Hospital Nursing Reading Eating, Teak||Buy on Amazon|
|Ebuynar Adjustable Overbed Table Laptop Cart with Wheels (Single Side,Dark Brown)||Buy on Amazon|
|UNICOO - Adjustable Overbed Table Laptop Cart Computer Table 202 (Black)||Buy on Amazon|
10. Vaunn Medical Adjustable Overbed, Bedside Table With Wheels
Suitable for both hospital and homes. This overbed requires very little pressure to be adjusted to a higher or lower height, so grown ups or kids can use it. As soon as you adjust it to your desired height, just lock it in, so that it remains stable while you work. It has swivel casters, so its very lightweight.
The surface is made of walnut wood grain laminated top to prevent items from rolling away while you’re working. It comes with two locking wheels, so you can move this about in various rooms.
- Height adjusts from 28″ to 40″
- Steel is heavy gauge, chrome plated
- Swiveling casters are 4″
- Made with walnut wood grained and laminated
- Table top dimensions: 30″L * 15″W * 0.75″D
9. Drive Medical Non-Tilt Top, Overbed
Stay traditional in this sturdy non-tilt overbed. Even though you can’t tilt the table to whatever direction you want, you can adjust the height by lowering or raising the adjustment handles until it suits you. It’s base is “H” styled and comes with a 2″ swivel caster for easy mobility of the overbed.
Note that this overbed has a weight limit of 40 lbs, which is quite generous, but not enough to risk too many heavy items without risking damage. It comes partially assembled, but during assembling, try not to take it apart – specifically don’t take out the bottom screw.
- Has a 2″ swivel caster
- Weight limit is 40 lbs
- Table top dimensions: 15″D * 30″W * 28″W
- Height adjustment limits – 28″ to 45″
8. Vaunn Medical Deluxe Tiltable Overbed Bedside Table
Practical and very easy to use overbed that, like most Vauun products, can be used at home and at the hospital. It a two-part table top, with one part able to rotate 360 degrees. So you won’t have to hurt your back by staying in an upright position for long periods of time. The other table meanwhile, stays rigid, so you can keep your food, drinks or other stuffs you won’t want to fall.
Heavy-gauged steel used in making the base has a powdered finish so it lasts longer. Height adjustments are easily done with just one touch. Both of the table tops can be tilted, but you have the option of keeping one side stable.
- Maximum weight limit is 50 lbs
- One touch height adjustments from 28″ to 47″
- 360 degrees tilt.
- Has two part table tops
- Table top dimensions: 30″L * 15″W (for the large) & 7.5″L * 15″W
7. Carex Overbed Table, Flat Rolling Bed Table
Need to work while confined to the bed? This carex Overbed offers a unique flat and sturdy surface for writing, reading, eating or just plain working. This can be used with a chair as well as with a bed. The table top is plastic, which adjusts to suit right or left handed folks, while the base is made from polypropylene. It has four swivel caster that allows you to move the overbed about.
It’s so adjustable, the height can be reduced to slide right under the bed, so it’s great for those with confined spaces. The table is non tilt though so take note.
- Weight limit is 50 lbs
- Height is adjustable from 28″ to 42″
- Overbed is designed to slide under the bed
- Table tray is non tilt and plastic, measures 33″L * 16″W
- Comes with 4 swivel casters
6. Invacare 6417, Overbed Table With Auto Touch
Inspired by the models of hospital furnishings Invacare is most famous for, this overbed has an auto-touch spring loaded locking handle which allows you to adjust the height from 29″ to 45″. The table top is made from nonslip walnut, wood-grain with a laminated top and a molded edge to prevent accidents on sharp corners.
This particular model was initially designed for hospital stay – so its recommended that you check with your healthcare provider before ordering – however, there’s nothing stopping you from using this when you’re no longer confined to the bed.
- Non-tilt table top is made of walnut wood-grain, which has been laminated
- Height adjusts from 29″ to 45″
- Table top measures 30″L * 15.5″W
5. Medline Adjustable Overbed, Bedside Table With Wheels
Made of molded composite, this overbed is a perfect alternative for those not to keen on wood and perfects wood finishes – which can crack and peel with time. The edges are curved, so won’t hurt even if you accidentally run into it. Plus the molded composite material used to make it is extremely easy to care for daily.
It has a hammertone H powder coated base and a standard table tray measurement – not too big, not too small. Can be used both in the hospital and at home with a chair as a workspace.
- Height adjusts from 30″ to 42″
- Table tray has a max weight limit of 50 lbs, and measures 30″L * 15″W
- Table top material is molded composite with no sharp edges
4. MedMobile Tilt Top, Overbed Table With Laminated Top
Tilting surface ensures you have an incredibly versatile workspace. It can be tilted in either direction, i.e front or backwards. You’ll need a four-inch clearance for this overbed to fit under your bed. Even though the top tilts, it does not swivel but moves wholly as an entire unit.
Non skid laminated covering means your stuff won’t be rolling off whenever you keep them on the tray. Caster wheels seem a bit small for the table top size, but other than that, it’ll serve you well while confined to bed.
- Adjustable height, from 28″ to 45″
- Table top measures 24″L by 16″W
- Needs 4″ under bed storage clearance
- Weight capacity limit is 22 lbs, so meant for very light items
3. Soges 31.5″, Adjustable Mobile Lap Table
Made in the US, this Soges overlap table is made from white marble, has arguably the highest weight capacity at 80 pounds. The particle wooden material has a high glossy finish that will look aesthetically pleasing in any room. You’ll need to assemble this at home, but all the tools you’ll need are included in the package with instructions, so it shouldn’t be too bothersome.
It has an easy to move wheel design, but the welds are a bit sharp, so be cautious while you’re assembling it. Very sturdy but non-tilt lap table.
- Max weight limit is 80 lbs
- Adjustable height 27.5″ to 34.6″
- Table top measures 31.5″L by 15.7″W
- Made of particle wood with white high glossy finish
2. Ebuynar Adjustable Overbed Table Laptop Carts
Multipart overbed allows you to work in style. Both of the table tops are fitted with side ledges to prevent items from falling off the table top whenever you tilt it. Because it has a tiltable work surface, you can use this from any angle, whichever is most convenient for you. It can be used both on the bed and with a chair, you just need a 3″ clearance.
The cart works great for both left and right handed users, and can be used while you’re in a standing position.
- 360 swivel tilting for main table tray, and 180 tilting for the other side one
- Height adjustable from 23.62″ to 37.4″
- Needs 3″ clearing
1. UNICOO Height Adjustable Overbed Table Laptop Carts
This wasn’t necessarily designed with an invalid in mind, more like for students. It’s can be used both as a cross bed and as a reading desk or even a standing workstation.
It’s made from wood and has four 2″ big carpet wheels, so can be moved easily on any type of surface. Suitable mattress size requires are from twin to king size.
- Cross bed made of wood
- Adjustable length 51″ to 92″
- Adjustable height 21.6″ to 41″
- Has 2″ carpet wheels
Regardless of how cool overbed table laptop carts may look like, it all boils down to you – what do you intend using it for? What’s your style preference? What’s your budget? Answer all these questions and you’re halfway towards getting your overbed. Which is your favorite?