High blood pressure is a dangerous condition. It is responsible for more heart attacks and strokes than any other condition. Thanks to advancements in digital technology, the original sphygmomanometer has been nearly replaced by digital blood pressure monitors. These too are incidentally, much easier to use. If you are considering the purchase of a blood pressure monitor, then this 2018 top 10 review of the best monitors will put you on the right track.
Best Blood Pressure Monitors in 2018
Table of Contents
- Best Blood Pressure Monitors in 2018
- 10. GoWISE USA Upper Arm Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
- 9. GoWISE USA FDA Approved Digital Blood Monitor with Carry Bag
- 8. Balance Upper Arm Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
- 7. Red Medical Upper Arm Digital blood Pressure Monitor
- 6. Care Touch Fully Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- 5. LotFancy Upper-Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- 4. Vive Precision Upper Arm Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
- 3. Euph Digital Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- 2. Generation Guard FDA Approved Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
- 1. Omron Clinically Accurate Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
10. GoWISE USA Upper Arm Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
The GoWISE USA blood pressure monitor, is a digital system with a large LCD display, touch sensitive buttons and several extra functions. It will inflate the cuff automatically, and then display both the systolic and diastolic blood pressure. In addition to that, the system will provide you with a classification of the blood pressure, and will also give you your pulse rate reading, using oscillographic testing mode. It also watches out for irregular heartbeats.
- Pros: Available in black & white, irregular heartbeat detection, touch buttons.
- Cons: Not very stylish.
9. GoWISE USA FDA Approved Digital Blood Monitor with Carry Bag
Featuring a large LCD display, the GoWISE blood pressure monitor also auto-inflates its cuff, displays both the systolic and diastolic blood pressures, and gives a pulse rate reading. It displays a blood pressure classification, and will as well detect irregular heartbeats when available. This monitor comes with a large cuff that can a measure between 8.75 and 16.5 inches (20 and 40 cm) circumference sized arms. Included in the package is the monitor, upper arm cuff, 4x AAA batteries, and a well illustrated instruction manual.
- Pros: Large LCD display, carry bag, FDA approved, 52% price discount.
- Cons: Not very stylish.
8. Balance Upper Arm Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
This blood pressure monitor is simply beautiful. Featuring a nice design and color combination, it also packs lots of functionality. It is FDA cleared, uses an upper-arm cuff to get very accurate measurements, and it comes with a large and nicely colored display. There are touch buttons, a 2-user memory bank for storing results, and a full kit which contains a wall plug, batteries, and a storage case. It will display systolic, diastolic and pulse rates. The cuff is made from premium soft fabric, it is backed by a 2-year warranty and currently available at a33% price discount.
- Pros: Lovely design, FDA approved, accurate results, full kit, 33% discount, 2-year warranty.
- Cons: N/A
7. Red Medical Upper Arm Digital blood Pressure Monitor
This blood pressure monitor from Red Medical features a well laid out display. It features systolic and diastolic pressures display, a pulse rate monitor, and easy touch buttons on the side. There is enough integrated memory to store up to 90 days of data for 2 users. This device is FDA approved, provides highly accurate readings, and is powered by 4x AA batteries or a 6V DC adapter, both power sources of which are not included.
- Pros: High contrast LCD display, stylish design, 2 user memory recall, 30% discount.
- Cons: Batteries and adapter not included.
6. Care Touch Fully Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
If you are more interested in the portability of your blood pressure monitor, then a wrist monitor like this one should be worth your focus. It is stylish and trendy, features a relatively large LCD display, and looks cool to wear. In addition to normal systolic and diastolic displays, it will also detect irregular heartbeats, and it displays the pulse rate as well. There is additionally a 90 reading memory bank for 2 users, and Care Touch backs up their device with a 1 year warranty.
- Pros: Compact wrist monitor, large LCD display, fast reading, 16% discount, 1-year warranty.
- Cons: N/A
5. LotFancy Upper-Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Clear and professional looking, this blood pressure monitor is FDA approved. It features a cleanly designed LCD display, and 1-touch reading with a large cuff that accommodates hands between 11.8 and 16.5 inches (29 and 42 cm) in circumference. The device also integrates and irregular heartbeat detector, plus the capability to store up to the last 30 readings for 4 users. Included in the package is the monitor, cuff, carry pouch and user manual.
- Pros: FDA approved and reliable readings, large upper arm cuff, 4 user memory, 35% discount.
- Cons: Device looks rather boring, and batteries and adapter are not included.
4. Vive Precision Upper Arm Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
Available in either silver or black colors, the Vive Precision blood pressure monitor comes with everything you need. There is multi-sized cuff, 4 AA batteries, a user manual with illustrations, plus a 2-year warranty. The cuff will fit arms with a circumference between 8.75 and 16.5 inches (22 and 41 cm) in circumference. Displayed measurements include diastolic, systolic, pulse rate, date and user. Up to 2 users can store data on the machine for 500 readings.
- Pros: Includes batteries, large display, 2 users 500 records memory, 2-year warranty.
- Cons: N/A
3. Euph Digital Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
This FDA approved wrist blood pressure monitor, is compact and easy to use. Available in 2 colors, it features a single button operation, which reads and delivers blood pressure and pulse information quickly. It is FDA approved, and will also alert when there are irregular heart rhythms. This monitor allows the saving of up to 90 different readings each for 2 users, including information such as systolic and diastolic pressure, pulse rate, date and time, as well as the user,
- Pros: Available in black or white, compact, portable, large LCD, 67% price discount.
- Cons: Batteries not included
2. Generation Guard FDA Approved Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
Offering you quick and easy blood pressure monitoring at all times, this FDA approved monitor with a large screen is stylish and well designed. It reads and displays systolic and diastolic pressures, the pulse rate and monitors the heart’s rhythm as well. The device is clinically accurate and FDA approved, plus it can recall your last reading, so you can record it. Generation Guard also backs it up with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Pros: Small and compact design, relatively large display, 52% discount.
- Cons: N/A
1. Omron Clinically Accurate Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
Although most wrist blood pressure monitors are less accurate than upper arm types, this one from Omron has been tested and validated to be as accurate as an Omron upper arm monitor. Omron is the most popular brand in the blood pressure marketing world, and the design, functionality and reliability of this monitor justifies their 40-year experience. It detects irregula heartbeats, does reading averaging, and offers 100 memory spots of data storage.
- Pros: Very accurate device, most popular BP monitor brand, irregular heartbeat detector.
- Cons: N/A
We have come to the end of this top 10 blood pressure monitors for 2018. As you can see, there is a wide variety of product offerings. You can either choose our number #1 recommendation, the Omron, or you could also settle for something that costs less, the choice is yours.