Freshly cut French fries will remain to be an enormous moneymaker for experts in the foodservice industry. From casual cafes to concessions and bars, individuals are always looking to purchase some tasty fries to munch on as snacks or ones that can complement their meals. If you want to prepare your own French fries from scratch, an essential and must-have kitchen tool is a French fry cutter.
French fry cutters resemble cheese graters, although they are exclusively designed to handle potatoes. They work by pressing the potatoes through different blades, resulting in perfectly-cut pieces.
As you are likely to imagine, we have a variety of this kitchen appliance, all of which differ in quality and design. It is why we have reviewed the top 10 best French fry cutters in 2017; thus, easing your process of shopping for one.
- 10. Prepworks by Progressive Vegetable and French Fry Cutter
- 9. Culina French Fry Potato Cutter
- 8. CO-Z Commercial Grade Heavy Duty French Fry Cutter
- 7. VIVO Commercial Grade French Fry Cutter
- 6. Superbuy French Fry Cutter Fruit Vegetable
- 5. TigerChef commercial french fry cutter
- 4. Best Choice Products Potato French Fry Fruit Vegetable Cutter
- 3. TMS® Potato French Fry Cutter
- 2. Weston Restaurant Quality French Fry Cutter
- 1. New Star 42313 Commercial Grade French Fry Cutter
10. Prepworks by Progressive Vegetable and French Fry Cutter
Progressive is a well-known brand when it comes to the manufacture of high-end kitchen equipment. And, the Prepworks cutter is excellent proof of their aptitude in this field. This appliance has a stainless steel housing, which holds the stainless steel blades. What customers love most about the Prepworks model is that it’s versatile. Ideally, you can use it to cut French fries as well as vegetable sticks. This tool features an incredibly easy-to-run lever action. All that an individual has to do is to place the product in the chute then press through, and this will result in finely sliced thick or thin pieces.
- Neat and clean looking plastic frame
- Easy to use lever mechanism
- Small yet efficient
- You have to cut big potatoes in half before placing them in the cutter
- Not dishwasher safe
9. Culina French Fry Potato Cutter
At first glance, the Culina French fry cutter looks a generic plastic tool. In actual sense, this is a fantastic kitchen equipment. The handle has been positioned strategically to provide leverage and excellent potato cutting force. It also has a suction base, which secures the cutter to your countertop. Furthermore, the base and tray have curved shapes that facilitate firm potato grip and easy force transfer. This cutter is equipped with two interchangeable blades, that is, ½-inch and 3/8-inch sizes.
- Great price for its features
- Has two blade types (3/8” and ½”)
- Curved base which transfers force better
- Does not fit the plate below
8. CO-Z Commercial Grade Heavy Duty French Fry Cutter
Are you looking to prepare the tastiest French fries or sweet potato fries? Then you should consider investing in the CO-Z Commercial Grade cutter. This appliance has suction feet, making it easy to mount on your countertop. What’s more, these suction feet are detachable. The cutter also boasts 1/4″, 3/8″ and ½” wedge blades for accommodating your preferences of cutting styles. Made with an aluminum alloy body, the CO-Z French fry cutter is undoubtedly one of the most durable.
- Space-saver since it is wall mountable
- Handle is non-skid
- Blades of different sizes
- Solid build
- Slightly heavy
7. VIVO Commercial Grade French Fry Cutter
The VIVO French fry cutter features a sharp, half-inch cutting blade, which promises impressive slicing results. Its high-quality performance can also be attributed to the uniform blade that guarantees equal and precise cuts throughout your French Fry preparation session. Thanks to the heavy-duty cast iron used in its construction, this VIVO cutter is certainly in for the long haul. It also has suction cups to make mounting it easy.
- Seamless potato cutting
- Has removable power suction cups
- Some find it hard to assemble the blades
6. Superbuy French Fry Cutter Fruit Vegetable
Whether you are an avid vegan or simply want to enjoy homemade French fries, the Superbuy Cutter is a great choice. It is structured to offer precise cuts in a matter of seconds. Also, it is a multipurpose cutter since you can also use it for cutting a variety of vegetables and fruits. With this tool, you can choose between ¼”, ½” and 3/8” cutting blades.
- Can cut all kinds of fruits and vegetables
- Sharp blades for a smooth operation
- Four interchangeable blades
- Stainless steel and aluminum housing
- Does not have suction feet
5. TigerChef commercial french fry cutter
This potato slicer starts off our top ten best French fry cutters list, and for valid reasons, which include a sturdy build, diversity, and reliability. The TigerChef is fitted with high-grade steel parts that provide users with a smooth and fast potato slicing experience. These blades are also rust-proof, meaning that you do not have to worry about corrosion and rust problems. Assembling the TigerChef French fry cutter is one of the easiest tasks. Other attachments included in this package entails a 3-in-1 multi-tool, which acts like a potato peeler, cleaning brush and eye picker.
- Easy assembly
- Sharp cutting power
- Decent range of cutting styles and blades
4. Best Choice Products Potato French Fry Fruit Vegetable Cutter
It is another French fry cutter that is worth a shot. Its blades feature a heavy-duty stainless steel construction for durability. In total, it has four blades; three for cutting French fries and a fourth one designed for slicing apples and oranges. Weighing just 10.6 pounds, the Best Choice potato cutter is a lightweight tool, which you can use for extended periods without getting fatigued.
- Consists of a commercial-grade stainless steel body
- Mountable on any space
- Easy to clean
- Lever is slightly difficult to operate
3. TMS® Potato French Fry Cutter
This is yet another handy alternative that meets your French fry cutting requirements. TMS constitutes a stainless steel build, guaranteeing healthy outcomes as they are not prone to rust and corrosion. The handle, which is made of steel alloy, provides a comfortable grip for extended usage. Aside from cutting French fries, you can also use this tool to slice other vegetables and fruits. TMS is extremely easy to operate and cuts the potatoes with utmost precision. The blades have ¼-inch sizes, which is sufficient to slice food products with ease.
- Comes with four interchangeable blades
- Stainless steel blades are sharp, durable and easy to clean
- Requires minimal assembly
2. Weston Restaurant Quality French Fry Cutter
As the name suggests, this cutter enables you to make restaurant-quality fries from the comfort of your kitchen. Weston Cutter features a design that can be mounted either on a wall or countertop. Also, it comes with suction cups, which can be attached to provide stability when cutting. The components in this gadget are made using heavy-duty cast iron as well as stainless steel, both of which provide a durable and stable build. Weston French fry cutter is easy to disassemble making cleaning a breeze.
- Includes suction feet
- Replacement blades are available for purchase
- Metal bar placed horizontally is weak
1. New Star 42313 Commercial Grade French Fry Cutter
There are plenty of features that we love in the New Star French fry cutter. This tool consists of a rustproof powder coated frame, which guarantees optimum results. The rod is made of stainless steel, making it easy to operate. Also, it has a slim, shiny, green-colored design, which makes it an excellent addition to your collection of kitchen tools. New Star 42313 can chop potatoes into 1/2 –inch pieces, a size that enhances easy food preparation and presentation. This tool is fitted with suction feet, which means that you can mount it on a wall or table.
- Can be mounted on wall
- Comes with accessories
- Delivers top-level precision
- The suction cups are hard to remove
- Features only one cutting plate
Every French fries enthusiast should consider investing in French fry cutters. These tools are handy and offer convenience when it comes to slicing potatoes. The best French fry cutter models in 2017 include the New Star 42313, Culina French fry cutter and the Weston Restaurant Quality French Fry Cutter.