A proper dining table requires proper dinnerware. It belongs in every home, and is a sign of maturity. Most homes will have more than one set, and may still occasionally get a new set. If you are considering purchasing a dinnerware set for the first time, and even if this is not your first time, this review will provide you with the top 10 dinnerware sets in 2017, in the hope that it will make your purchase decision easier.
- 10. Sango Omega 16 Piece Dinnerware Set
- 9. 10 Strawberry Street White & Square 45 Piece Dinnerware Set
- 8. Corelle Classic Cafe Red 20 Piece Dinnerware Set
- 7. American Atelier Hopscotch Square Dinnerware Set
- 6. Corelle Sand Sketch 18 Piece Dinnerware Set
- 5. Corelle Frost White 20 Piece Dinnerware Set
- 4. Corelle Frost White 18 Piece Dinnerware Set
- 3. AmazonBasics 16 Piece White Dinnerware Set
- 2. Corelle Square And Simple Lines Dinnerware Set
- 1. AmazonBasics Elegant White 18 Piece Dinnerware Set
Dinnerware Set Purchase Considerations
The dinnerware set stems from a long tradition of civilized living. Over the centuries, it has evolved to become what it is today. The following are a few important features to note and consider, so that you can make a more informed purchase decision.
Dinnerware sets can either feature design or be plain. The designed ones could feature floral patterns, plain colored artwork, or some abstract designs. Whether you prefer your dinnerware with a design, or simply plain, is up to you, but if you plan on hosting visitors, then you should consider dinnerware that will appear acceptable.
Lots of dinnerware are made from porcelain, while others are made from glass, china and bone china. Normally, you should just choose dinnerware that you like, but if you need light dinnerware, or if you want to get classy, then you can consider bone china or even certain glassware.
Most dinnerware made from earthenware will break if they fall to the ground, or there was an accident of some kind. So durability here does not refer to how long they can last, but rather, how long their colors will remain fresh.
– Temperature Tolerance
Some dinnerware sets are more temperature tolerant than others. Some will crack in the oven or in the freezer, while others will stay intact. You should know which type you are purchasing.
10. Sango Omega 16 Piece Dinnerware Set
The Sango Omega is the first dinnerware set in this review. It is available in three different colors, of olive, cocoa and perl. The Sango Omega set serves 4 people, with 4 pieces each of dinner plates, salad plates, soup bowls and mugs. The set is also microwave and dishwasher safe, making your life thereby, much easier. Service for: 4
- Pros: Microwave and dishwasher safe
- Cons: Not really beautiful
9. 10 Strawberry Street White & Square 45 Piece Dinnerware Set
10 Strawberry Street makes lovely kitchenware, and so too is this set a lovely piece. Made to serve 6 persons, this set comes with everything you need, from dinner plates to soup bowls, salad plates, a milk jug and a sugar bowl. It is made from porcelain, and the items are plain white in color, with every piece featuring a square design, with rounded corners. Service for: 6
- Pros: Microwave and dishwasher safe, oven safe till 500degrees Fahrenheit (260degrees Celsius)
- Cons: A bit overwhelming with 45 pieces
8. Corelle Classic Cafe Red 20 Piece Dinnerware Set
The Corelle Classic Cafe Red set is made from glass, with only the mugs made from stoneware. The set features 4 pieces each of bowls, dinner plates, bread and butter plates, mugs and storage lids for the fridge. The set is made from scratch and break resistant Vitrelle glass, is lightweight, and both dishwasher and microwave safe. The glass items also come with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty. Service for: 4
- Pros: Break and Chip resistant, microwave safe, 3-year warranty
7. American Atelier Hopscotch Square Dinnerware Set
This cool set is made from earthenware and serves four persons. The dinner plates are 11 inches (28 cm) wide, the salad plates are 8 inches (20 cm) wide and the bowls have a 6 inch (15 cm) diameter. The pieces are both dishwasher and microwave safe. They are ivory colored, with a multi-colored edge consisting of brown, green, orange and blue colorings. Service for: 4
- Pros: Modern and cool design, dishwasher and microwave safe
- Cons: A bit pricey
6. Corelle Sand Sketch 18 Piece Dinnerware Set
The Corelle Sand Sketch set is made up of 6 pieces each of 18 oz. (0.5 liter) bowls, 10.25 inch (26 cm) wide dinner plates and 6.75 inch (17 cm) wide bread and butter plates. The plates are also break and scratch resistant, and can be freely used in the microwave and normal ovens. They are dishwasher safe as well, and come with a three year warranty. Service for: 6
- Pros: scratch, wear and wash resistant, oven, dishwasher and microwave safe, 3-year warranty
- Cons: No mugs
5. Corelle Frost White 20 Piece Dinnerware Set
The Corelle Frost White 20 piece is made from the same Vitrelle glass like the two previous Corelle sets in this dinnerware review. It serves 4 persons, and so comes with 4 dinner plates, bread and butter plates, bowls, stoneware mugs and storage lids for the bowls. There is the 3-year guarantee as well. Service for: 4
- Pros: With storage lids, microwave and dishwasher safe, 3-year warranty, 12% discount
4. Corelle Frost White 18 Piece Dinnerware Set
The Corelle 18 piece Frost White set comes without mugs and is designed to serve 6 persons. It is made from the same Vitrelle glass as well, which is chip and break resistant, as well as oven and dishwasher safe. It comes with 6 pieces each of 18 oz. (0.5 liter) bowls, 10.25 inch (26 cm) dinner plates and 6.75 inch (17 cm) bread and butter plates. It also includes a 3-year warranty. Service for: 6
- Pros: Chip and break resistant Vitrelle glass, 3-year warranty, 47% discount
- Cons: No mugs
3. AmazonBasics 16 Piece White Dinnerware Set
AmazonBasics is a brand of the web retail giant, Amazon.com. This set is made from AB grade porcelain. It features a gray trim around the corners, giving it a contemporary and yet trendy look. It comes in 4 pieces each of the 5.5 inches (14 cm) wide bowl, 10.5 inch (26 cm) dinner plate, 7.5 inch (19 cm) dessert plate and a 4 inches (10 cm) tall mug. The items are oven, microwave and dishwasher safe. They are also BPA free. Service for: 4
- Pros: Available in four colors, microwave, oven and dishwasher safe
2. Corelle Square And Simple Lines Dinnerware Set
The Corelle Square set with simple lines features an amazing design that puts this set in a class of its own. The design is artistic, yet simple and reserved. It gives you the feeling of living the good life. It is made from Vitrelle scratch and chip resistant glass, oven, dishwasher and microwave safe, and it comes with a 3-year warranty. Service for: 4
- Pros: Elegant design, 3-year warranty
- Cons: A bit pricey
1. AmazonBasics Elegant White 18 Piece Dinnerware Set
In the first position of this 2017 best dinnerware set review, is the AmazonBasics 18 piece elegant white set. The plates serve six persons and are BPA-free, microwave, oven, freezer and dishwasher free. They are made from lightweight and durable AB-grade, quality porcelain, and are being offered at a good price. For the quality, practicality and price, this set holds the #1 position in this review. Service for: 6
- Pros: Withstands temperatures up to 572 Fahrenheit (300 Celsius), BPA-free AB grade porcelain
One major difference between dinnerware sets is design. Our number #1 recommendation features a set of plain dinnerware, but if you do prefer something stylish or classy, then the Corelle Square set in position #2 is also a great dinnerware set.